Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg nanopad device won't install help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irayung

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Korg nanopad device won't install help! Reply with quote

Hello fellow Korg users!

I borrowed a Korg Nano Pad from my friend. He has a Mac I have a PC. It was set up and seemed to turn on when he plugged it into his computer but not mine. I downloaded the latest drivers and when I click "Install Korg USB-MIDI-DEVICE" It says "Error. No device is plugged in." When I plug it in even before the driver download the scene light and a few other buttons turn on but do not stay on. Korg Kontroller says that this device isn't connected either. I have uninstalled the drivers and kept it plugged in when re-installing them and used the same USB port it was plugged into during install when trying to install the device but still nothing. I've used all my USB ports and even deleted copies of my mouse USB ports in my comp just in case nothing works. Please help, I have a New Dell that runs Windows 10.

I've tried these two drivers.
DrvTools_1_15_r18.exe
&
USA_DrvTools_e(1.14_r12).zip

Thankyou everyone! I hope you can help me, i'm sure it's a simple fix. I just wanna use this so bad.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrvTools_1_15_r18.exe is the current MIDI drivers for Windows, so should be the one being used.

There's a limit of 10 recognised MIDI drivers in Windows. Any devices given a MIDI device ID of more than that are ignored. Plugging a MIDI device into more than one USB port will result in separate MIDI drivers being installed for each port used, so it's best to try to stick to one USB port for any given MIDI device.

In the Start menu Korg programs folder there should be a utility called "Uninstall KORG USB MIDI Device" that can be used to delete Korg and other MIDI drivers. To be able to uninstall other drivers, use the Option button and uncheck the "Delete KORG MIDI Device only" option. They can all be unistalled. When the nanoPAD is plugged in again, driver installation should occur and, hopefully, the nanoPAD will be recognised.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: