Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Messed up clock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mihata

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Messed up clock Reply with quote

It happened several times and I'm not sure why but it's a bugger - after messing up with the step-jump feature and looper mfx on a simple pattern, the E2 goes out of sync within itself - 4/4 kicks and hi-hats placed on the downbeat start to overlap completely or misplaced with one step.. It goes back to normal after pressing stop and play it again. I'm not a pro and I'm happy with the Electribe as it is but even I had a small gig at a local club and that was a big bummer to experience while playing live in front of a crowd.. It renders the machine in the toy category and it's a complete no go for real professionals.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Messed up clock Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
It happened several times and I'm not sure why but it's a bugger - after messing up with the step-jump feature and looper mfx on a simple pattern, the E2 goes out of sync within itself - 4/4 kicks and hi-hats placed on the downbeat start to overlap completely or misplaced with one step.. It goes back to normal after pressing stop and play it again. I'm not a pro and I'm happy with the Electribe as it is but even I had a small gig at a local club and that was a big bummer to experience while playing live in front of a crowd.. It renders the machine in the toy category and it's a complete no go for real professionals.

I've noticed this too several times while just screwing around with step jump feature and some mfx types (also odd stepper and even stepper particularly when applied just to some parts).
If I'm not mistaken, beats should turn back on their original position also restarting the pattern with SHIFT + PLAY. Unless you want to insert a break, this way music doesn't stop playing.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Messed up clock Reply with quote

mihata wrote:

I've noticed that this happens if the pattern has a swing setting larger than 0, or it uses one of the groove templates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: