Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESX single waveform sample chaining solution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zanthar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: ESX single waveform sample chaining solution Reply with quote

Hey, first off, Daniel Kerr (Sauce) is amazing and did this before me but I ran into some issues doing it myself and wanted to share how I was able to get things to work.

I wanted to create Sample chains of the Adventure Kid single waveform library (timesliced samples can be played back by slice number giving you a lot of flexibility during playback and many more samples to choose from in the allotted 200-something sample limit of the sampler) , tuned in C (they're all in D) and playable in an ESX1.

Problem: The single wavs are too short to loop. the minimum sample size for looping is 1/32 second. I tried using audacity to copy and paste, line them all up end to end them then export them and while I was able to do that, it was still incredibly daunting thinking of doing this for all of the thousands of samples in the library (I know I don't need them all, I just have a hard time not doing the whole project if I start something) and my results varied. some waves would loop some others not.

While trying to learn about using SOX, a command line audio editing program, I came across a post that someone made mentioning that fubar 2000, the old audio player from 2005 or whenever has file conversion of playlists and had options to mix down to mono, and export as one concatenated audio file! So my elegant solution to this months long problem became:
1. load 32 single cycle wav samples at a time into fubar
2. do it 2 more times (C is just under 1/32 of a second for 2 waveforms, so I had to do 3)
3. Sort playlist by name
4. Export as mono single .wav file
5. Load .wav into open electribe editor
6. Load sample and timeslice by 32/16
7. Save sample

I hope this is helpful to someone else. If anyone is interested I would be happy to share some of the sound chains once I finish the project
webas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

video video video!!
sl23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ESX single waveform sample chaining solution Reply with quote

Zanthar wrote:
...playable in an ESX1.

Problem: The single wavs are too short to loop. the minimum sample size for looping is 1/32 second.

I have an esx-1 and have no problems looping my own and adventure kids single cycle wavs.
Zanthar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you doing it? I'm specifically trying to loop a slice of a sliced sample with multiple waveforms in it, so as to gain the benefit of multiple timbres per sample slot. I haven't even tried just loading one at a time, is that what you've done?
sl23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind! I missed the point there!
I'm gonna attempt what you're doing and see what works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: