Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chorus 2 does nothing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xp50player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Chorus 2 does nothing Reply with quote

I just got the SV1 88 on Sunday and I noticed a couple things. First, the editor cripples my USB wireless mouse and keyboard. I had to exit the editor to register for this site because my keyboard would only spit out a character every once in a while. Also, Chorus 2 does nothing at all. All the other effects work fine. Changing the Chorus 2 mode in the editor lowers the volume level in different amounts, but no other change. I am running the latest OS, USB midi driver and editor versions. I also have the known problem that certain favorites patches bring up the right patch, but not the correct sound/variation lights.

Other than that I am loving it so far. People poo-poo the organ sounds, but they are better than what I have in my XP30 in the moment, so it's all relative. The amp model makes a noticeable improvement, though they need to dial down the drive calibration a lot.
xp50player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Korg USA Tech Support was able to solve this for me in short order. If you monitor with L+R summed to mono, the Chorus 2 effect almost completely cancels itself out. My Tascam US-1641 has direct monitoring, but only the S/PDIF input is stereo.
jlam520

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving a dead thread, but I just wanted to say I had the same issue and was about to create a new thread. Good to know I'm not alone and that this is expected behavior from mono output, which is the same setup that I have. Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: