Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bank C and D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul@paularthur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Bank C and D Reply with quote

A service tech had done some diagnostics and re-installed banks A,B,C,D and S. in comb. and prog. mode Apparently my back up discs were somehow corrupted. I was also having huge issues with the floppy drive. He had found the banks C, D and S on line. S works fine, but not C and D.

The LED says "initial program" for all 128 program slots which means all the voices are identical. There real programs are not there!
Apparently these are the basis for which programs are made?

Is there a way to acquire or download the C and D programs?

Paul
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but I think those two banks were empty when I purchased my Trinity new many years ago. Confused

You can certainly add programs as well as combinations as many sources are available. Sharp has a download section here on line that has many to choose from for example. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
xavier
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have the contents with the PBS-Tri preload diskettes, but I don't find them on the Korg USA site.

Xavier Miller.
http://www.xaviermiller.be
paul@paularthur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply:

I paid extra for bank C, D and S and had them installed locally years ago when I purchased the board. C and D contain better voices and S is even better, but is limited to playing single notes only.

What I probably need to do, is find someone who has those discs and obtain a copy. I'm working on that locally, but it doesn't look promising. The disc drive still acts weird too. Looks like I might have dead horse.
Too bad. It's an easy board and who wants to re-learn?

Paul
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the C & D PCG program banks that came with the PBS:-

http://www.infekted.org/Korg/TFD-00-Factory-PBS-Set.zip (1mb zip)

The above file also contains the original factory TFD-00 PCM multisample waveforms that came with the PBS, which are very rudimentary and more a demonstration than a proper set.

For PBS-TRI multisamples, you'd be better using one of the now-freely released full PCM (and corresponding PCG) sets by Korg Italy:

TFD-1S - Mega Pianos
TFD-2S - Orchestral Elements
TFD-3S - Dance Waves & Drums
TFD-4S - Best of Korg M1

These all make use of the C & D banks too. I've zipped all these for you:

http://www.infekted.org/Korg/Korg-Trinity-PCM-Sets-for-PBS-TRI.zip (21.1mb zip)

Separately, if you don't have the complete set of 128 Solo patches, let me know. I have a version with all 128, but they're in a different order to the official set, so any factory Combis that rely on referencing them may become 'broken', i.e. pointing to the wrong Solo patch(es).

Getting back to the original subject, you do know you can load any A & B bank PCGs into the C or D banks of your choosing, instead?

You do this by navigating the PCG from the Disk screen at a lower level:- Instead of selecting the PCG and choosing Load All, choose Open instead. Then select one of the Program or Combi folders and Open that. Then select A or B bank folder of the PCG and finally choose Load - it will then give you the option to load it into your A, B, C or D banks.

The manuals describe this. All the manuals for the Trinity can be found here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45892

Lastly, of course if you have a PC and MIDI interface, you can also use 'Trinitro' - a free Trinity software librarian on your PC - to transfer PCGs from your PC to your Trinity and vice versa without requiring a floppy disk: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18508

Last edited by Timo on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul@paularthur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AGAIN!
Bank S is fine. It just was information.
VegasGroove

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
Here are the C & D PCG program banks that came with the PBS:-

http://www.infekted.org/Korg/TFD-00-Factory-PBS-Set.zip (1mb zip)

The above file also contains the original factory TFD-00 PCM multisample waveforms that came with the PBS, which are very rudimentary and more a demonstration than a proper set.

For PBS-TRI multisamples, you'd be better using one of the now-freely released full PCM (and corresponding PCG) sets by Korg Italy:

TFD-1S - Mega Pianos
TFD-2S - Orchestral Elements
TFD-3S - Dance Waves & Drums
TFD-4S - Best of Korg M1

These all make use of the C & D banks too. I've zipped all these for you:

http://www.infekted.org/Korg/Korg-Trinity-PCM-Sets-for-PBS-TRI.zip (21.1mb zip)

Separately, if you don't have the complete set of 128 Solo patches, let me know. I have a version with all 128, but they're in a different order to the official set, so any factory Combis that rely on referencing them may become 'broken', i.e. pointing to the wrong Solo patch(es).

Getting back to the original subject, you do know you can load any A & B bank PCGs into the C or D banks of your choosing, instead?

You do this by navigating the PCG from the Disk screen at a lower level:- Instead of selecting the PCG and choosing Load All, choose Open instead. Then select one of the Program or Combi folders and Open that. Then select A or B bank folder of the PCG and finally choose Load - it will then give you the option to load it into your A, B, C or D banks.

The manuals describe this. All the manuals for the Trinity can be found here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45892

Lastly, of course if you have a PC and MIDI interface, you can also use 'Trinitro' - a free Trinity software librarian on your PC - to transfer PCGs from your PC to your Trinity and vice versa without requiring a floppy disk: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18508

How are you able to transfer the files from the zip file to a floppy for loading into the Trinity? Can't get Windows 10 to work properly with any floppy drive...
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VegasGroove wrote:
How are you able to transfer the files from the zip file to a floppy for loading into the Trinity? Can't get Windows 10 to work properly with any floppy drive...

Just in case you haven't already, once you've downloaded the zip file you need to unzip it to a new folder in Windows first. This will unveil the PCG files (and/or the KSF, KMP and KSC in the case of the PBS soundsets). It's these files that you will need to place on the floppy disk(s) in order for the Trinity to read them.

What sort of floppy drive(s) have you tried? Internal (IDE or Sata), external (USB)?

Ensure the disks themselves are not write-protected - you have to move a small physical tab on the exterior of the disk:

I'm sure you will probably know all this, I'm just trying to cover all bases.

Otherwise you can buy cheap external USB floppy drives from ebay if your internal PC floppy drive is no longer working. Looks like they're around £6 inc. P&P. If so, make sure it's compatible with Windows 10 (unsure why it wouldn't be, however).

Alternatively if you have a MIDI interface, you can use the Trinitro software, which is free, and bypasses the need for floppy disks/drives (at least for PCGs, I've not tried it with PBS sets). It's a PC-based PCG Librarian for Korg Trinity, and you can simply transfer PCG files from your PC to your Trinity and vice versa via the MIDI interface. No floppy needed.

PS... Just read your other thread. Are you wanting to unzip PCG files, as per this thread, or are you referring to OS v2.4.1 files?
VegasGroove

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up an external USB floppy which will simply would not play nice with Windows 10 -no matter what- finally returned it after 3 days of banging my head against the wall.

Trinitro - seemed like an answer but I cannot successfully transfer PCG files to/from the Trinity. I always get the following 3 error messages in succession:
1) "MIDI data format error: data length wrong" pop up error
2) "MIDI EOX was expected but not received" pop up error w/a red X
3) the the "transferring MIDI data" progress bar pops up but then up pops "Tmeout: no response from the Trinity"

4) Sometimes followed by "Assertion failure: m_transferSize = = 0."

Sometimes I also get "the number of drum kits in this bank does not match the number of drum kits that your Trinity/Tr Rack can store. Adjust the pcg properties to be compatible" as the first error message also. Yet there are only 12 drum kits in the pcg.

The only thing that gets transferred are the first few characters of the name of the first program/combi being transferred. The rest of the name shows up as jumbled characters and the Trinity locks up until I reset the power. The programs/combis I was trying to transfer are not playable before or after the reset. But everything shows up just fine in Trinitro until I actually try to transfer it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: