Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Disk On D-888

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiteshs1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Hard Disk On D-888 Reply with quote

Can we replace 40GB internal Hard Disk with 80GB Hard Disk on
D-888 and double the recording time? If yes which hard disk can be installed?

PA User.
jiputreg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: hard disk replacement Reply with quote

Yes, I just did it. I replaced the crashed hard disk of my D888 with a 80 GB seagate barracuda 7200.10. My d888 contained a 40 gb seagate 72000.7. I think any better then that (faster) will work Idea
I formatted the disk in my PC and put the D888 system file in the root directory (see also Korg web site and your manual for instructions). Works flawlessly. and you get indeed double time !
maurice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: hard drive d888 Reply with quote

hi

just read your thread. can you tell me roughly how much a hard drive replacement would cost

thanks
AVI6520

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: hard disk replacement Reply with quote

jiputreg wrote:
Yes, I just did it. I replaced the crashed hard disk of my D888 with a 80 GB seagate barracuda 7200.10. My d888 contained a 40 gb seagate 72000.7. I think any better then that (faster) will work Idea
I formatted the disk in my PC and put the D888 system file in the root directory (see also Korg web site and your manual for instructions). Works flawlessly. and you get indeed double time !

Please - was it an IDE HD or SATA?
And- was it a kind of laptop HD, or NORMAL [desktop]?
Very important to me, I thinking to buy one.
THANKS.
alansykes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: D888 Hard Disc Drive Reply with quote

Has anybody tried swapping out the 7200rpm WD or Seagate mechanical drive with one of the new Solid State Hard Drives ?
Cico

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know as well about the ssd thing..
Bias

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: HDD to SSD Reply with quote

Hi

Yes, it can be done with a bit of knowhow and ingenuity.

Please see my post here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107568&highlight=d888
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: