Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaosspad sd / sampling problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Kaosspad sd / sampling problems Reply with quote

Hello,

Long story short I was given a KaossPad but I have no history about it or know whether it ever worked.

I can hear the input volume, but when I write a sample I can't hear it played back.

I then dug through these forums and got the idea to use the KP3 editor. I tried sending a sample from the KP3 to the software but other than transmitting the bpm - theres no file (so Im guessing it wasn't recording). I then sent a sample from the software to the KP3 and I couldn't hear it played back.

The SD card is a 1gb kingston, and I could format it through the KP3 without issue.

Not sure what the problem could be - or what I'm missing since it seems to read the SD card but it won't record samples on it or playback samples that I've sent through the KP3 editor..

Any ideas please?
mesoboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sampling onto the banks first, before saving down to the SD card. The KP3 doesn't sample directly to the card.
tokera

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response!

I tried two things:

1) Transmit a wave file to a soundbank (and I can see the LED on the relative soundbank changes colour), but when I push the button I can't hear any sample being played back.

2) I hold the Sampling button + a Soundbank while I can hear my input via the headphone jack / Input level is registering a sound. Once the relative step/count is completed, I let go of the soundbank button, but when I hit the button again - I get no sample playback.

Level/[FX Level] slider is all the way up.

When I hit shift + bank button all the sample bank volumes are maxxed out.

I updated the firmware to the latest version and restored to defaults to ensure theres no weird settings stored.

When I watch videos on youtube of how to sample - this appears to be the process.

Am I missing something here?
mesoboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I'm not certain what you are sampling - it seems you are trying to sample the internal drum/synth sounds? If so, you need to resample (shift and sample button) to sample into the banks. The banks will sample from an external source - for internal sounds and to add effects to external (and already sampled material) you need to resample.

From an external source (mic or line - make sure you select the correct one), check the peak LED to see if you have a signal coming in, press the sample button (you only need to press it once - it will light up), and then press the bank button. If this doesn't work, then I'm not sure what the problem is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: