Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos RPPR Mistery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexx_best

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Kronos RPPR Mistery Reply with quote

Hello, friends! Apologies for my English (it's not my native language), at first. At second: I'm doing some very detailed programming of my Kronos X, maybe U can help me with this little question. Is it possible to program a Song (like a sort of "Super-Combi") this way, just for example: I'm playing manually long bass note on the Track No1 of the Song and that bass note triggers the RPPR playing some sort of synth arpeggio on the Track No2?
Alexx_best

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the key that triggers a RPPR can't be actually audible in no way (even when this RPPR is routed on other track of the Song), only those notes that are programmed within RPPR??
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi data from keys assigned to RPPR does not go neither to sound generator nor MIDI OUT nor KARMA engine - so you are right in your last post - these assigned keys are not audible.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma can do what you want to do on Track 2. It will be a matter of finding the right arpeggio or making it via Karma software on computer. Karma also has all kinds of trigger & latch options.
RPPR also disables a lot of keys at the bottom of the key range, which could go a long way towards making a "super combi" while using Karma, stepsequencer and synth engine basic arpeggiator.
One advantage RPPR has though, is ability to put an independent pattern on each of the 16 midi tracks. Of course that amounts to nothing special if you have Karma software which gives you more modules than just the 4 on kronos. Karma modules is where you want to be.

RPPR patterns/arppegios can be converted to drum track patterns and then assigned to drum track over a track that has your synth program in it rather than a drum program. I think there will be issues with getting the drum track trigger narrowed down to one specific key and possibly limits to the kind of midi data a drum track pattern can store. I Need to look into that again to be sure though.

You definitely have options for making what you want happen.
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely off topic (but because the topic regards rppr), and few seem to mention (did you know that)- Korg's rppr can record sysex information only (vs., for example, midi note information) to a note (or multiple notes). You can then affect other notes being played (the midi notes) with (the sysex rppr notes) and apply that sysex information TO the midi notes being played at the same time. I hope you can understand this and how powerful this feature of rppr is! Hope this is clear in what I'm trying to say!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: