Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

audio input with sequencer ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ken_brun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: audio input with sequencer ? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if it's possible to assign the audio input ( vocal from a microphone ) to a track in the sequencer, or to otherwise run the audio input through an effect while playing a song with the sequencer.

I'd like to be able to assign a chorus or reverb effect as one of the master effects, then route the audio input to that effect along with one or more sequencer tracks.

I'd rather not use the vocoder, as I'm just looking to add some character to the vocal.

Thanks for any advice,

Ken
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is not possible to assign the audio input to a track in the sequencer.

But you can use the audio in feature (page 1:S-INPUT/CTRL | AUDIO IN) and route the audio input to an effects bus and apply an effect to it. So you can e.g. sing along while the sequence is playing.

You can use also the onboard audio recorder, to record the audio input. After that you can play it back, while doing a performance on the keyboard as well. Or you put from somewhere else a WAVE file on a SD card and let it play, while performing over it.

AFAIK, the audio recorder has not the possibility to record only the audio in. It records both the audio in and the performance at the same time. Which may be kind of annoying if you want the split, because then you would need to record your vocal without accompaniment.

Have fun
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, the audiorecorder offers a kind of multitrack feature. I need to figure it out myself.
But it would allow several takes and deleting takes as well, to end up e.g. with only your vocal performance.
ken_brun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, OpAmp. That was the information I was looking for, but hadn't yet found out how in the manuals.
I'd tried, but couldn't manage to get it to work. Now that I know it can be done, I've got a new fun project for the coming weekend Smile

Thanks again,

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: