Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch editor please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qtuner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Patch editor please. Reply with quote

Minilogue editor please.

There is no way to see the values of the parameters of a patch. A patch editor is a great way to see and compare different sounds. I've seen basic patch editors available, but not a complete patch editor. Are there any plans to make a complete patch editor?

How do i see the values of all the parameters in a patch?[/u]

Last edited by qtuner on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're posting in "analog synths general", but fail to mention - which synth is it you are talking about?

Also, this isn't an official forum and there is no guarantee that Korg staff visit here. If you have a feature request (or any technical issue) you should probably contact Korg support in your country.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qtuner should at least mention that their original post has been edited to include the synth in question, and it would have been even better to have put the synth model in a reply to X-Trade's question so it appears after X-trade's posting. Just forum etiquette, and reflects the sequence of events better.

There is a third party Minilogue patch editor:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/12/26/unofficial-korg-minilogue-patch-editor/

MeneerJansen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the TS was talking 'bout the Minilogue. But I want the same thing for the Monologue. If after more than 2 years no editor for the Mini has been made, are the chances nil that one for the Mono will see the light of day? I mean: aren't they sort of the same considering the way patches must be "read" and edited by software?

Last edited by MeneerJansen on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly of interest...

https://coffeeshopped.com/patch-base/editor/korg-monologue
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being a knobby synth, I agree it would still help to see how patches are made because it can be elusive what the settings on the panel are depending on how you have the knob behavior set in the global settings.

I wouldn't have as much use for it when making new sounds as the Minilogue is very intuitive....but it would still be very nice to have.

One feature that would be neat to have is a representation of the ADSR on the screen of the ML when tweaking the envelopes that goes away just like the numbers when you stop turning the knobs.
MeneerJansen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reverse engineering the SysEx data that the Monologue (not to be mistaken w/ the Minilogue) can dump via USB Midi. I'm writing a Linux shell script that determines the settings of a patch that way. Unfortunately the SysEx data is not very straight forward so it'll take me some more time. Anybody interested? I think not because nobody runs Linux on his computer (people use Windows or MacOS).

Somebody w/ programming experience on Windows might rewrite is for Windows...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: