Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg D888

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotcho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Korg D888 Reply with quote

Hello Folks, I have a Korg D888 and a laptop that I use, I have a link to The Korg on my laptop, but I cannot seem to get them to communicate with each other.I know they can as I contacted the Korg people once , but I forgot the instructions.Any help would be much appreciated.I also use Finale to record on my Laptop, However I would like to transfer those recordings to the D888 so I could further mix them..Thanks for any help you could give me

Joe G
Bias

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: KORG D888 Reply with quote

Hi Joe

You may have already solved this as your message was posted 2 months ago but as there were no replies, I thought I would try to help.

This is not easy to answer without knowing some additional information. But make sure your USB cable is connected ok and maybe try a different USB port on your laptop. Have you pressed the 'USB' button on the D888 after the USB cable was connected? Also try a different USB cable - unlikely to be faulty but you never know.

The files you want to tranfer to the D888 will need to be in WAV format.

If all is well, an explorer window should open with the files on the D888 showing in a newly created drive.

Hope this helps
hotcho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Korg D888 Reply with quote

Dear Bias,
Thanks for your input, i have been off my computer for a while due to the fact that I had bi-lateral knee surgery, I am doing quite well and I am going to try your solution.The last time I did anything on this computer with the D888 is to go directly from the the computer to the inputs on the D888 , but I am going to try your method..hope it works, I will let you know.

Have you pressed the 'USB' button on the D888 after the USB cable was connected?

I wasn't sure in what order that was supposed to take place, that may solve the problem

Thanks again
Joe
Bias

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: USB Reply with quote

Hi Joe

If you power on the D888 with the USB cable already connected, it should automatically go into USB mode and it should should up as a new drive on your PC. If you connect the USB cable whilst the D888 is already on, you will need to press the USB mode button ..it should then show up on your PC.

You need to download and run the DrvTools executable from korgs website for this to work (1.15 r20e for win10 or 1.2.3 r9 for win7 or win8) - have you run this before?

USB Driver download: http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/82/

Hope that helps
Bias
hotcho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: D888 Reply with quote

Hi Bias, so far no luck getting the 2 synched..I did use an output on the computer to download my songs onto the D888.right now we are having a power outage and the D888 shut down although my wireless computer is still working.The D888 however is showing up on my computer and the songs I recorded to the D888 are there also but they don't play through my computer, I have feeling this will be a trial and error project.

Thanks for your help I will be in touch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: