Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

80's/90's Performance pack?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve just bought a Kronos 61 gen 1 (with the newest software already installed). Please tell me you are definitely doing a version also for the Kronos 61. (You mentioned somewhere you are planning to do it, which sounds like you`re not really sure.) Otherwise I get hopelessly depressed, because I absolutely need to purchase the 80es/90es package you are working on right now.
And another question: Would I have to buy the latest sound files at KORG to be able to use your package or is everything already integrated in your package? (Maybe a dumb question, but I am a Kronos newbie.)
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangefiltersky wrote:
I`ve just bought a Kronos 61 gen 1 (with the newest software already installed). Please tell me you are definitely doing a version also for the Kronos 61. (You mentioned somewhere you are planning to do it, which sounds like you`re not really sure.) Otherwise I get hopelessly depressed, because I absolutely need to purchase the 80es/90es package you are working on right now.
And another question: Would I have to buy the latest sound files at KORG to be able to use your package or is everything already integrated in your package? (Maybe a dumb question, but I am a Kronos newbie.)

Thanks for the questions!

I'm trying my best to fit everything on the 61 key yes. When I can't, I assign stuff to the pads (Korg nanoPAD attachment, or on the EQ/Vector/Control tab, on the "Pads" page) so I've been trying my absolute best to keep the 61 key version in mind. Admittedly it's very difficult because of the limited space.

As for buying other Korg libraries - My library will be completely independent from Korg for the time being unless Korg is willing to add me as one of their retailers on their site.

That being said, I'm ensuring all of the sounds have no dependencies on existing sound libraries so you can load them up directly without missing sounds because you don't have say... EXs18 installed for example.
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm trying my best to fit everything on the 61 key yes. When I can't, I assign stuff to the pads (Korg nanoPAD attachment, or on the EQ/Vector/Control tab, on the "Pads" page) so I've been trying my absolute best to keep the 61 key version in mind. Admittedly it's very difficult because of the limited space.

As for buying other Korg libraries - My library will be completely independent from Korg for the time being unless Korg is willing to add me as one of their retailers on their site.

That being said, I'm ensuring all of the sounds have no dependencies on existing sound libraries so you can load them up directly without missing sounds because you don't have say... EXs18 installed for example.

That`s fantastic news, thank you for your quick reply. I`ve been watching your videos on YouTube all day long and I`m pretty impressed by your abilities.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangefiltersky wrote:
I`ve just bought a Kronos 61 gen 1 (with the newest software already installed). Please tell me you are definitely doing a version also for the Kronos 61.

It's great that he's trying to do what he can within the 61 keys, but also, it's possible that some of these songs can simply have parts that require more than 61 keys to play, having nothing to do with what sounds are programmed into it. Heck, there are songs that have no sound except piano and still require more than 61 keys to play accurately! So I'd also suggest that it wouldn't necessarily be good to sacrifice being able to play all the parts properly in order to get them to fit into 61 keys, either. I suppose, one could come up with alternate combis with the sounds over their "ideal" ranges OR restricted to 61 keys, so you could choose accordingly. But also--again, regardless of these patches--if you're looking to play things whose parts exceed the 61 note range, you could consider plugging an 88 into the Kronos to get the extra real estate. You could get a low-cost lightweight weighted board like a Casio PX-160, or if you don't care about a weighted piano-style action, an even lighter and less expensive Numa Compact, for example.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 61 key combi
2. 88 key combi

Those with just one 61-key Kronos and no other keyboards can do #1.

Those with 61-key + controller, 73-key, 88-key, etc, can re-map zones as needed using #2.

HTH
holdsg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howdy Enigma,

great idea here.

I'm not doing any 80s songs currently in my keys band.

Too bad. I love 80s songs.

Some more songs (may be duplicates, but what the hey, they're some of my favorites)

The Ghost in You - Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way - Psychedelic Furs
When You See a Chance - Steve Winwood
Blue Monday - New Order
That Was Yesterday - Foreigner
I Want to Know Where Love Is - Foreigner
I'll Wait - Van Halen
Eminence Front - The Who
You Better You Bet - The Who
The Sweetest Thing - U2 (piano/pianet in the intro and in the verse)
New Song - Howard Jones
Fascination Street - The Cure
People are People - Depeche Mode
Since You're Gone - The Cars
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel (mostly the arpeggio part during the chorus, I could never get something that did that justice)
a combi that could somehow work for Kid Charlemagne (Steely Dan) where you could get a clav and EP that sounded good together. It's always eluded me.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: The 61 key limitations:

I would assume that most people have more than one keyboard. Just change the combi to where the other parts are on a different MIDI channel, with the sound that uses the largest part of the keyboard on the 61. They MIDI up the second keyboard to that changed MIDI channel, and Viola! they're set.

In my case, I'd set them up so that percussion and piano sounds were accessed via one of my 88-key controller, and the rest off the Kronos or maybe even just use the KX76 and an 88,, and never touch the Kronos.

I'm sure others could do a similar thing.

..Joe
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds for The Who:

1. Baba O'Riley
2. Won't Be Fooled Again (with a split that includes the Berlin Grand Piano)
3. You Better You Bet
4. Who Are You
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc wrote:
Sounds for The Who:

1. Baba O'Riley
2. Won't Be Fooled Again (with a split that includes the Berlin Grand Piano)
3. You Better You Bet
4. Who Are You

Your will find a couple of those here:
http://www.purgatorycreek.com/Kronos/Free/FamousSynths/page3.html
DrKewel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really gotta agree with this suggestion
Phinnin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, for those of you rocking the 61 key version, I have a few of David's incredible programming jobs redone to accommodate the smaller footprint. Additionally, I run a click track on all my tracks so I have Living on a Prayer (for instance) redone to be on one combi where I use Karma Switching to make changes. If anyone is interested in the "how's and why's", I'd be happy to share. And of course I would forward any info also to you David as you are the talent behind what I have managed to tweak. I am merely a key-space cruncher!
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all over this like a desert dweller on a water fountain!
As soon as I get my Kronos working again..sigh...
Lots of great suggestions I see, so far.
Here's a couple of mine:

Anything by Saga or Marillion
Anything off Yes-90125

I know. My specifics is lacking.
Looking forward to this.
NormC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qqquartzzz wrote:

Anything by Saga or Marillion
Anything off Yes-90125

I know. My specifics is lacking.
Looking forward to this.

https://audora.ca/product/marillion-misplaced-childhood-performance-pack/
Wagnergrad96

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on "High On You" by Survivor.

I'm using the "Poly Synth" sound. It seems the closest to the original recording.

Anyone have a better sound for that song? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: