Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to create a sound using a single sample and play on PA2x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleverr1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: How to create a sound using a single sample and play on PA2x Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm struggling with what should be a simple task. I have a sample as a .wav with which I want to create a sound where the sample plays chromatically across the keyboard.
So I loaded the sample into the sample editor where is can be seen and heard. I converted it to a .pcm file using wavelab, and added it to the PCM folder of a set which I then loaded. However, in sound edit mode I'm unable to select RAM as a source (only ROM). The Load PCM button is greyed out in Media Preferences.

What I'm attempting is the same as recording a sample into the PA2x and playing it chromatically within a sound.

Has anyone done this successfully please?
Thanks,
Roger
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if this sample will show in DK set.?
If you create only sample, is good only for DK sets, for sounds you need multisample, which you have to create using sample/s.
There you can use one or more samples, you just need to tell program original note of sample.
Also remember multisample use mono samples, if you sample is stereo, then will be split for R & L channel and you have to create 2 separate multisamples for R & L . then is you create sound, you use 2 OSC and 2 multisample, L for OSC1 and R for OSC2.
Hope I am making sense to you.
Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
cleverr1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Check if this sample will show in DK set.?
If you create only sample, is good only for DK sets, for sounds you need multisample, which you have to create using sample/s.
There you can use one or more samples, you just need to tell program original note of sample.
Also remember multisample use mono samples, if you sample is stereo, then will be split for R & L channel and you have to create 2 separate multisamples for R & L . then is you create sound, you use 2 OSC and 2 multisample, L for OSC1 and R for OSC2.
Hope I am making sense to you.
Wink

Hi Nemik,
Thanks so much!!
I was missing the multisample step, and now I've got this working with 2 multisamples over 2 oscs panned L and R in stereo as you said. The required samples load when I reboot so nothing to fix in that area too:)

Sorry to be a pain, but is it possible to trigger user samples from a pad? It doesn't appear to work in the same way Confused

Thanks,
Roger
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to trigger wav Simple form pad you can do this:
Edit one of sfx sets, which is build same as dk set and there find place where you can add or replace existing sound.
Then put your new sample there.
Is gonna be stereo sound.
You may need to adjust parameters most likely increase decay.
When you done create pad with this sfx sound, set track type on Dr. and Pad type on one shot.
In even edit ad note (where is your sound)set to 127 value.
Set pad sync to off, NTT table to No Transpose and save pad.
Now you have pad which be playing your wav sample once when you hit pad.
Hope I didn't miss anything.
Wink
Performers Heaven
cleverr1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Nemik!

This one looks a lot more complicated - I'll need to up my understanding to get at the sfx sets etc.

Does the Korg PA Manager make this task much easier?

Thanks,
Roger
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleverr1 wrote:
Thanks again Nemik!

This one looks a lot more complicated - I'll need to up my understanding to get at the sfx sets etc.

Does the Korg PA Manager make this task much easier?

Thanks,
Roger

Yes, on Pa Manager will be easier.
I provided you instruction in existing set, but also you can create new set, then you need extra space in DK bank (SFX are same as DK).
You can much faster create new one, then keep it for effects samples.
You right, you need to understanding first. Wink
In some pads is used DK sounds, like crash or some extra beat.
Crash Pad will be more likely made same way like you need, one time hit.
where beat Pad will be more notes and looped.
so, same way Pad use DK Crash sound you will use your sound. Wink
Some SFX (GM) are build as sounds, not as DK, using Multisamples.
Try to go Sound Edit and load one of Factory SFx sounds set, go to menu and DrumKit , then using keys you see how this works.
Just make sure SFX sound is 120.xxx.xxx, 121.xxx.xxx are multisamples sounds.
Wink
Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: