Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Word to the wise:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drb32856

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
Schmooster wrote:
OMG Surprised seriously?

If anybody needs telling to keep the OS restore disks that came with their board then they don't deserve it. Actually, anyone who didn't lock them away safe to begin with deserves a brick if they then decide to meddle in things when they clearly have no concept of the dangers of power failure or any such failure during a Read/Write to the SSD.
Would you buy a car and throw away the Owners Handbook? No. It stays in the glove-box where you found it. What the heck is the world coming to when comments like this need to be made to supposedly 'tech-savvy' semi-intelligent sentient beings? "Word to the wise"? The "Wise" don't need telling thank you!

I don't like your tone dude.

In a world where EVERYTHING is found online these days, it's not unreasonable to not keep the factory disks. On top of that, I moved recently and everything in my life has been in boxes. I don't need to justify to you why my world has been upside down but before you go making statements like

Schmooster wrote:
...anyone who didn't lock them away safe to begin with deserves a brick if they then decide to meddle in things when they clearly have no concept of the dangers of power failure or any such failure during a Read/Write to the SSD.

I've been doing IT work off and on for 13+ years, it's possible if not likely that I know quite a bit more than the average person about the dangers of power failure, SSD mis-writes and other varying issues.

Maybe you should re-think your statement? Maybe I've misunderstood some too-subtle-for-text sarcasm?

Either way, your words come across as kind of a jerk.

Totally agree with everything you said enigmahack! I purchased my original Kronos from a dealer but it was a board that had been traded in. The Kronos had no disks as the original owner didn't supply them to the dealer when he traded. So I agree with the OP advise but I am without the disks. I tried to download them from the link provided above but its a Mega link and it says I can't complete the download unless I purchase (from Mega) additional capacity. So I may need to find them somewhere else.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drb32856 wrote:

Totally agree with everything you said enigmahack! I purchased my original Kronos from a dealer but it was a board that had been traded in. The Kronos had no disks as the original owner didn't supply them to the dealer when he traded. So I agree with the OP advise but I am without the disks. I tried to download them from the link provided above but its a Mega link and it says I can't complete the download unless I purchase (from Mega) additional capacity. So I may need to find them somewhere else.

I've made ISO's of my DVD's which are more current than the 2.0.2 versions on the Mega link.

Let me know if you need them, and I'll put them up on Dropbox or something for you.
drb32856

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
drb32856 wrote:

I've made ISO's of my DVD's which are more current than the 2.0.2 versions on the Mega link.

Let me know if you need them, and I'll put them up on Dropbox or something for you.

Oh man, thanks. I do need them so if its not to much trouble I would appreciate your help.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl1qgib6u9z30mw/Kronos%20Sounds%20Backup.7z?dl=0

Here it is, 3 DVD's, 3.0.1 version for all types of Kronos boards. Take it while my bandwidth allows Smile
drb32856

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:

Here it is, 3 DVD's, 3.0.1 version for all types of Kronos boards. Take it while my bandwidth allows Smile

Thanks, I had a gig that just ended. I will download as soon as I get back.
Thanks again.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:

Great, thank you Cool
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
bobmusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Those are for the Kronos X though - make sure to use the disks for the correct version of your machine (for example, I would not try them in a Kronos 2).

Yes, you're right. For the new Kronos there seems to be no Restore DVDs available at the Korg website.

drb32856 wrote:
I tried to download them from the link provided above but its a Mega link and it says I can't complete the download unless I purchase (from Mega) additional capacity.

Oh, that's annoying Confused
I can start the download here without a message about purchasing anything from Mega. Anyway, I stopped it after a few seconds.
Does the message about purchasing appears right from the beginning or later during the download?
Korg Collection 3
drb32856

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmusic wrote:
KK wrote:
Those are for the Kronos X though - make sure to use the disks for the correct version of your machine (for example, I would not try them in a Kronos 2).

Yes, you're right. For the new Kronos there seems to be no Restore DVDs available at the Korg website.

drb32856 wrote:
I tried to download them from the link provided above but its a Mega link and it says I can't complete the download unless I purchase (from Mega) additional capacity.

I can start the download here without a message about purchasing anything from Mega. Anyway, I stopped it after a few seconds.
Does the message about purchasing appears right from the beginning or later during the download?

I think my problem was I have a basic Mega account and that account did not have enough capacity to allow the size of the download without buying more download capacity. I really don't have to use it often (1st time in over a year) and so did not want to spend the cash if I could avoid it this time.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmusic wrote:
KK wrote:

drb32856 wrote:

I have the K2 disks, which also work on the KX and K1 Smile
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anybody know if the Restore disks are available that would take you straight to the latest OS, or is it still a case of restoring to OS 2 and then applying the latest update?

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody know if the Restore disks are available that would take you straight to the latest OS, or is it still a case of restoring to OS 2 and then applying the latest update?

The ones offered by Korg go to 2.0.2 I think, mine go to 3.0.1

You'd have to reach out to Korg directly to get them to send you a physical copy of the DVD's which might be the latest version or at least 3.0.4 or 3.1.0 maybe.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:

Anybody has completed the download? I had no luck so far, tried several times, different browsers, download stopped at around 10-12GB every time. Seems that downloads from dropbox can't resumed. Tried 2 different download managers also, don't work at all with this kind of link. Any ideas?
Korg Collection 3
Sonic Bodhi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
OMG Surprised seriously?

If anybody needs telling to keep the OS restore disks that came with their board then they don't deserve it. Actually, anyone who didn't lock them away safe to begin with deserves a brick if they then decide to meddle in things when they clearly have no concept of the dangers of power failure or any such failure during a Read/Write to the SSD.
Would you buy a car and throw away the Owners Handbook? No. It stays in the glove-box where you found it. What the heck is the world coming to when comments like this need to be made to supposedly 'tech-savvy' semi-intelligent sentient beings? "Word to the wise"? The "Wise" don't need telling thank you!

You gotta love people that fire off before actually considering all the angles. Either that or just find an excuse to shoot them, like inviting them to your house for tea and then claiming afterward that they broke in.

The mention of power failure DOES bring up an important issue, though. I think I'm going to invest in a battery backup for my keyboard to prevent such an eventuality.
drb32856

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmusic wrote:
enigmahack wrote:

Anybody has completed the download? I had no luck so far, tried several times, different browsers, download stopped at around 10-12GB every time. Seems that downloads from dropbox can't resumed. Tried 2 different download managers also, don't work at all with this kind of link. Any ideas?

I completed the download with no issue from enigmahack's link. It should be working.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,

The ones offered by Korg go to 2.0.2 I think, mine go to 3.0.1

You'd have to reach out to Korg directly to get them to send you a physical copy of the DVD's which might be the latest version or at least 3.0.4 or 3.1.0 maybe.

Thanks. I will contact to Korg to see if later ones are available, as that will lead to a quicker restore. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: