Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS Seq/Samples, Load Into Kronos 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hermanmusic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: OASYS Seq/Samples, Load Into Kronos 2 Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! It's been a while since I made a post, though I've popped my head in and out from time to time. I am a former Oasys owner looking to purchase a Kronos 2 (88 key).

I understand that Sequences/Samples/Programs created on an Oasys may be loaded into Kronos.
This is very important to me as I want to continue where I left off with my Oasys.
I read in the Kronos 2 manual that there may arise some minor timing inconsistencies when loading a sequence created on an Oasys into the Kronos due to the timing resolution difference in the sequencers (192ppqn vs 480ppqn).

I am interested to know if anyone has tried loading an Oasys sequence into a Kronos and what the results were.
I do not quantize much, and never to the extreme, so I'm figuring there is more of a chance timing inconsistencies will be noticeable than on music which is heavily quantized.

Another question I have is with regard to samples created on Oasys. I understand the file names need to be changed as Kronos expects to see the entire .SNG file name, but has anyone loaded samples they have created on an Oasys into a Kronos, and with what level of success?

Thanks in advance to all who are willing to share their experience with me!
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: OASYS Seq/Samples, Load Into Kronos 2 Reply with quote

hermanmusic wrote:

I am interested to know if anyone has tried loading an Oasys sequence into a Kronos and what the results were.

I've done it. I save and load programs with every SNG file. For this, I loaded an OASYS PCG with the Song data.

While the OASYS can't load Kronos programs (because of the new structure), it can load Kronos sample files. Nice to know that whatever board you sample on, you can play them on both.
hermanmusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Any timing issues with your song playback? This is my primary concern.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hermanmusic wrote:
Any timing issues with your song playback

So far, I haven't seen timing issues, but the OASYS has more polyphony with some engines, so you could see some dropped notes on a heavy arrangement. I have had issues with Tone Adjust, where riding a filter didn't sound the same.
hermanmusic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike, I'm looking forward to owning a Kronos. Looks like by the end of Spring! Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: