Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

13 hz noise spike not the power supply not Audio In

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colonel5.2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: 13 hz noise spike not the power supply not Audio In Reply with quote

If you check the electribe with a frequency analyzer you will see that there is a big pointy spike at 13k hz. This is on the audio output and the heaphone ouput and is always there even if the AUDIO IN THRU IS OFF although it is worse with it on. When you sample into the machine it is there. This means that if you have quiet sections this sound can be heard.

I tried changing the power supply praying that this would work i bought one with a seperate block but the whine is internal and the sound is still present. I have to get rid of the electribe as it is really useless to me with such an eq spike in this range. Mainly because while writing i have to constantly hear it.
Ways around it are to use an eq to cut this freqency on samples. Prep your sanples in a daw and then always export you audio to card as oppose to recording from the electribe. If you want to use external processing such as putting an effect on the audio out and recording it then the 13k whine will make its way in and you will have to cut it out with an eq. If anyone has a fix for this tell me. I have invested anlot of time into writing with this unit and have made peace with its faults but this fault makes it unuable as anything other than a sequencer for external units. Livid such a ball drop from korg. Who missed this in testing?
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it sucks and there's no excuse for it. The new Electribes were close to being truly great machines, imo. I still keep mine and use them a ton, despite all this BS. Not a lot of alternatives out there. The E2S is especially unique cause it has the VA engine plus sampling. There's the Circuit, which doesn't appeal to me. Even if you look at Elektron gear, you're looking at machines with just sampling or just a synth. Perhaps the Rytm, but if you use it as a synth it's very limited. Point is, it'd be a lot easier to move on from the new Electribes if there were more options but there isn't, sadly...
zach.drummond

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. It sucks. To me it sounds like there is a ground loop in the power supply. I could be wrong, but it sounds like it. Someone could possibly track it down if they knew what they were doing.
Z7A

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard it.
Fernmelder

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The noise is also present when running the Sampler on batteries.
You can also hear it when playing a part that has no OSC selected.

So sampling is completely useless because the audio-in noise is recorded with the sample which is a bummer because i bought it to sample some synths.

Power saving mode when running on batteries makes this whine sound.

Now i know why the second hand prices of the original red electribe sampler has risen so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: