Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King korg or Radias?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleSpaceMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: King korg or Radias? Reply with quote

They're both in my price range however I can only get one.

Which one should I get?

They are both different synths
King korg has a lot of different filters and 3 oscillators which is a major selling point to me, however the Radias has a step sequencer, 4 timbres and duel filtering.

I was set on king korg but after reading up and listening to Radias, I don't know..
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the new Korg minilogue? Whole thread at the top of the board.
rivanho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had a Radias but very satified with my KingKorg Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Full size keys is a great benefit and it's the same case as my Krome.
With my KingKorg, AN1x and JP-8080 I can cover everything.
Vampyre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a radias and it was a lot of fun. The step seq was nice but I don't miss it. I have other synths that can provide that. But sound wise the KK is much better. It's smoother sounding , it's warm sounding and it can also sound digital. The radias was always very digital sounding. The effects of the KK are right out in front easy to adjust. All in all a great live playing synth. I would get the KK
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: King korg or Radias? Reply with quote

PurpleSpaceMan wrote:

Which one should I get?

Hard to say, maybe the best answer is: which you like better, because both are very capable synths. So, maybe it can be decided based on what you want from a synth.

I think you should personally try them in advance. They both sound great but certainly, different. There are many similarities but also many differences in their architectures.

Perhaps you can decide it by their unique features. For example, filter emulations, tube etc. (only in KK), more knobs, step sequencer etc. (only in Radias). Or try the keybeds, how they feel for you, what you prefer: 4 vs. 5 octaves, wheels vs. a joystick.

Finally, it depends on your taste. They are both wonderful. Hope it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: