Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best of M1-No audio from banks D &F

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karmalized

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: best of M1-No audio from banks D &F Reply with quote

Greetings, all,

I loaded the best of M1 into my Krome as per the provided instructions. Everything worked fine even after I removed the SD card.

Then one night I think I accidentally pressed some sequencer buttons while in one of those banks and now there is no audio in banks D & F which have the M1 sounds.

The menus are there and the audio meter goes up and down but no sound.

The only way I can get the audio from these banks is if I leave the SD card in the Krome.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new samples for the M1 programs are the two .IMG files that you copied to the SD card, and are loaded into RAM (the "Option PCM Bank") each time you power on the Krome. Like sequence data, the Option PCM Bank is not saved at power down. So if that SD card isn't installed when you power on, the samples won't be loaded, and programs that use the new samples (the M1 programs that you copied to Bank E and F) will still be there, but can't find the samples they use, so they won't make any sound. (The audio meter on Program page P0: Play just indicates how hard you are hitting the keys, not how loud the actual output is.)

df
Karmalized

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input DF,

So I have to keep the card in the board to keep the M1 sounds functioning.

I seem to remember removing the card, shutting the Krome down and when I powered up the next time the sounds were there without the card but maybe I was mistaken.

I also seem to remember that in the load instructions it said that I wouldn't have to worry about loading the sounds each time I turned on the keyboard and that the sounds were fixed into the internal memory.
I took that to mean that I could remove the card after the sounds were loaded. Maybe it was referring to not having to go through the process of loading each time.

Keeping the card in the unit is really no big deal. I guess I misunderstood.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the card only has to be in the board at power-on.

On my Krome (a couple of years old, but with the current OS) the new samples (IMG files) are loaded into the Option PCM Bank from the SD card each time the instrument is powered on. Once they are loaded, I can remove or swap out the SD card, and the new samples will still be there as long as I don't switch off the power - they must be being loaded into volatile RAM memory, not into battery-backed RAM or EEPROM memory. If I switch the power off, the new samples are gone, and the only way to reload them is to power-on again with the SD card installed; there's no other way load new samples.

It seems like Korg should have included a way to load new samples after the system is powered up, or at least provide some more detailed information about how this works, but they apparently decided not to support adding user samples to the Krome...so we should be happy that this works at all, I guess...

df
Karmalized

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again DF.

I'll have to give that a try.

As for Korg better keeping samples loaded-That's next years improvement.

Have a great weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: