Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Prophecy EPROMs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lukejohnstone1990

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Korg Prophecy EPROMs Reply with quote

Looking for blank EPROM chips for my Korg Prophecy. The two original chips have slightly differing part numbers. Any ideas why/what the difference is? I'm not sure whether to order an identical pair in the same chip family or not, in case one doesn't work...
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Korg Prophecy EPROMs Reply with quote

This is what you need:

1x IC12 = 27C240 OR 27C4096, Description: 4Mbit (256k x16), UV-Erasable PROM (EPROM), Max. (s) Access Time = 150n (or better), DIL - Package w/ Pins = 40, Technology = CMOS

1x IC22 = 27C210A, Description: 1Mbit (64k x16), UV-Erasable PROM (EPROM), Max. (s) Access Time = 150n (or better), DIL - Package w/ Pins = 40, Technology = CMOS
Lukejohnstone1990

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Crimson Thunder! I have these on order, and one type turned up in the post today! One question though, when flashing the OS on these, do I install the same file on both types of chip?
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Korg Prophecy EPROMs Reply with quote

Neither do I have a Prophecy myself nor am I familiar with it but I know that you need two different files, one for each Eprom. But I've read something like 'you have to know how to burn that files into the Eproms' - but I don't know where & what exactly this means Shocked

IF you (or a tech-savvy person you know) have an eprom programmer and know how to use it - I strongly recommend to read out the 'old' Eproms and store them away as a file to a computer first! You never know... Wink

Do you want to upgrade the firmware?
Lukejohnstone1990

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right, I downloaded a zip file with the two Prophecy EPROM files, both of which were tagged in the filenames, so I knew which chip they were assigned to. Used my Minipro EPROM programmer for the first time with success. I even managed to flash the programmer itself to the 'upgraded' model's firmware prior to flashing the two Prophecy chips! So all done - Prophecy uogrades to ROM #20! Thanks for your advice Crimson Thunder!
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Korg Prophecy EPROMs Reply with quote

You're welcome! - glad you've got it working Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: