Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microKey MOD wheel to NanoKontrol 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Defier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: microKey MOD wheel to NanoKontrol 2 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I just got the USB microKey 61 & the NanoKontrol2...

How do I assign the keyboard MOD wheel to one of the slider on the nanokntrol 2?

None of my changes works... I am using the Korg Kontrol Editor below..

pix: http://prntscr.com/ejhqo0

Thx, for all your assistance, Defier.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear what the intended outcome of the assignment is. The mod wheel on the microKey 61 should, by default, send CC#1 messages on MIDI channel 1 to an application running on a PC or Mac. The microKey will need to be selected as a MIDI device in the application being used on the computer, as will the nanoKontrol2. If one of the sliders on the microKey is also set to send CC#1 messages on MIDI channel 1 it, too, should act as a modulation controller for software running on the computer.

The Korg MIDI driver should have been installed before connecting either device. Hopefully that has been done.

Defier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It's not clear what the intended outcome of the assignment is. The mod wheel on the microKey 61 should, by default, send CC#1 messages on MIDI channel 1 to an application running on a PC or Mac. The microKey will need to be selected as a MIDI device in the application being used on the computer, as will the nanoKontrol2. If one of the sliders on the microKey is also set to send CC#1 messages on MIDI channel 1 it, too, should act as a modulation controller for software running on the computer.

The Korg MIDI driver should have been installed before connecting either device. Hopefully that has been done.

Hello there,

Well actually, my goal here is to have the Mod wheel setup on one of the NanoKontrol 2 slider as I need to use it with my right hand.
My left hand is for the chords and melody.

Thx, Defier.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the setup being used? There has been mention of a nanoKey, nanoKontrol2, and a computer running the Kontrol Editor software, but nothing else. How are these interconnected, what is the sound source? Is there a VST host? Are the controllers connected to a Kronos?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: