Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edit velocity actuated rotary speaker effect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bytes2bits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Edit velocity actuated rotary speaker effect Reply with quote

Hi all.
Is it possible to edit one of the organ sounds and remove the rotary speaker effect which is currently actuated by pressing the keys harder? Ideally I want to be able to play as hard as I like and have the rotary effect only be actuated by the joystick (which I guess I would also need to program). I fumbled around in the sound editor trying to find a setting which would affect this but quickly became lost. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm new with the PA-600 and reading as much as I can about the operation of it.
Thanks in advance for any input.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Edit velocity actuated rotary speaker effect Reply with quote

bytes2bits wrote:
.. organ sounds and remove the rotary speaker effect which is currently actuated by pressing the keys harder ...

There is a parameter called "Velocity Multisample Switch Low-High" in Sound edit menue Osc Basic.
This is the velocity value dividing the High and Low layers for the selected oscillator. Notes struck harder than this value will be played by the High multisample. Your high multisample uses samples recorded with the rotary speaker effect, while low multisamples uses samples recorded without rotary speaker effect.

What you can do is to set this parameter of all oscillators of that organ sound to 127, so pressing keys as hard as possible never triggers high multisamples.

Next you can do is to use the Rotary Effekt for your organ sound. Set effects parameters to: Mode Switch=Rotate, Src=JS+Y, Sw=toggle, Speed Switch=Fast, Src=off, Sw=toggle.

So using Joystick you can activate/deactivate Rotary Effect assigned to your organ sound - will be Korgs effect you can hear is not the same as samples you can hear recorded with another rotary effect.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
bytes2bits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain how to do it. I will try it soon.
bytes2bits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again @siebenhirter for your help. The first part of your explanation worked perfectly to eliminate the rotary effect when pressing harder on the keys however I could not get the joystick to activate it after applying the second part of your explanation. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or perhaps it just can't work on this particular organ sound?
https://goo.gl/photos/BJQ6KQMGyycovFxM6
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is many way to do this, but I can tell you how I was be doing.

I do example and Drawbars Organ, which by default play Organ slow and when you hit keys harder play Organ fast.

1. go to your sound edit, go to menu and Basic, then OSC Basic.
2. from page menu do Solo OSC ( work with 1 OSC at time)
3. select OSC1 and try to play, then next and each one, you find out one of more of them is effect (click), which you gonna exclude from modification.
Scenario: OSC1 & 2 is sound, OSC3 click
4. After you know which OSC have to be modified (1&2), go to Basic/Sound Basic and in Oscillators Count add 2 more OSC (you double only sound),
5. then copy OSC1 to OSC4 (new).
6. copy OSC2 to OSC5 (new)
7. select OSC1 and change sample number form Organ Slow L in Low to empty (last one, #560) and set Vel SW L->H to 1, set on High sample Organ Fast L then select on OSC Off when Sound Controllers are On
8. do same with OSC2 except for R channel.
9. go to OSC4 and set Vel SW L->H to 1 and change OSC Trigger Mode to Sound Controller Y+ (joystick up).
10. do same as above to OSC5.
Test it and save to new location with name you like it.
Now you have slow organs all time on all velocity and with joystick up fast organs.
remember all Sound controller must be trigger before you play note.
On sample based sounds you swapping samples, if you use LFO, Filter, Amp or Pitch control you can do in really time changing.
I'm sure is other way that I wrote, maybe even do in really time speed up rotary, but I don't know yet.
Wish one of our sound engineers can show us . Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
bytes2bits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Nemik. This was extremely helpful. I played around with all the settings you spoke of and I'm beginning to get a better understanding of how it all works.
bytes2bits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nemik.
Using the example you gave me I must continuously hold up the joystick to get the fast rotary effect. Once I release the joystick the rotary effect stops. How can I change it so that one single push up on the joystick turns on the rotary effect and it stays on until I push up on the joystick again at which point it turns off?
This is really helping me understand how all of this works. Thanks again.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this post:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82842
I'm not into Organ much, but I think the only way to do (latch rotary) in Pa600 is like siebenhirter said using Rotary Speaker effect.
Load Performance Hot BX3 Y+ from Organ, then take close look on sound Super BX Perc how is done there in effect.
....or invest $150 for FCB1010 Foot controller and trigger everything by foot.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
bytes2bits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Nemick. I don't know how you found that post you linked me to but that looks perfect. I just took a quick look but I'll be studying it more closely for sure. Thanks again for you time. It's greatly appreciated!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: