Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Keyboard Stand for Kronos 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nan Kin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Best Keyboard Stand for Kronos 88 Reply with quote

Hi I have been researching on buying the best suited workstation for me and I am pleased to say that I have finalised that I will be Buying A Kronos 88 (Hopefully in the next 6 months).But during that time I thought I would ttry to figure out about what accessories would suit best for the Kronos.

I would be using Kronos in my home studio, and at my bands studio, and I will be commuting regularly to either place.and I was looking forward to buying a sturdy 2 tier keyboard stand.
1 It should not be wobbly- while paying in my studio or bedroom
2-I sing and play so it should have a mic boom support.
3-a support for a laptop/macbook

I have looked into some models and I liked the Ultimate Support and Konnig Meyer Spider-Ultimate Support More since it looks more sleek,and less conspicuous when folded.
What are your opinions and Experiences regarding these stands? Do you hae any other suggestions?
cabasner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are still looking for feedback on a stand for your Kronos, I would suggest either the On-Stage KS7350 Pro Heavy-Duty Folding-Z Stand (I have had two of these, one for my former Korg M3-88, and I have a new Z stand for my new Kronos 88 ), or, based only on the photos and specifications, maybe the On-Stage KS7150 Platform Style Stand. The KS7150 looks like it would be easier to use, actually, since there are no obstructions for your legs underneath the stand, unlike the Z stand. But the Z stand is super stable, in my experience.

Both of these stands support a second keyboard, and I believe they also have attachments for microphones and/or computer support.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I use a Quiklok double/triple stand, which is as solid as a rock for my EX5 (bottom tier), Kronos 61 (second tier) and I do have the 3rd tier if I need it.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same quik lok stand as Derek. However, I just got the double quik lok stand at MF(Ql742) for around $70. It was a birthday present and it arrived this morning. I was shocked at how solid it is. For the money, I think it is quite a good purchase. Smile Smile Smile
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fortuitously fell into a refurbished Hammond SK-2 platform stand - added an On-Stage 7550 2nd tier. You could literally stand on it! Solid as a rock! (I sit)
Perilous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4GodnWV wrote:
I fortuitously fell into a refurbished Hammond SK-2 platform stand - added an On-Stage 7550 2nd tier. You could literally stand on it! Solid as a rock! (I sit)

Excuse me. A refurbished Hammond SK-2 platform stand? What stand is that? Sounds like it's right up my alley. Have you more details?
fcoulter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Spyder Pro stand. (https://produkte.k-m.de/en/Keyboard-stands/Column-stands/18860-Keyboard-stand-Spider-Pro-black-anodized) The Kronos is on the bottom and the Tyros is on the top. It works for me.

Stands are a matter of personal preference. Perhaps you could ask local musicians what they use? And if you can get up on stage before their set and see how it feels?

Or if there's a good music store near you, see what they have available.

(Don't abuse them. If you're asking local musicians, stick around for their set. If you go to a store, buy something from them. Even if you don't like the stand, you can always use another audio cable.)

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: