Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Electribe 2 USB Midi ports not showing up in Cubase Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muziksculp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Korg Electribe 2 USB Midi ports not showing up in Cubase Pro Reply with quote

Hi,

I just purchased a Korg Electribe 2 (Grey Model), updated the OS to the latest version 2.02. All went fine.

I then downloaded the Korg Electribe USB-MIDI Driver.

It shows ver. 1.15.1801.0 Year : 2015

My Windows 8.1 Pro system shows the driver in the Device Manager.

But when in Cubase Pro 9, the Korg Electribe 2 MIDI ports don't show up in the MIDI Devices Ports List in Cubase.

So, basically I can not select the Electribe 2 as a device. Which I would like to Sync. to Cubase via MIDI-Clock.

Any help, or feedback on how I could fix this ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Brakio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to start the electribe an plug the usb before launching Cubase?
On windows usb midi device are most often not recognized after the application has initialized midi.
muziksculp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Did you try to start the electribe an plug the usb before launching Cubase?
On windows usb midi device are most often not recognized after the application has initialized midi.

Yes. I'm aware of this.

I started the Electribe 2, and plugged the Electribe's USB before launching Cubase.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Electribe 2 USB Midi ports not showing up in Cubase Reply with quote

muziksculp wrote:
Hi,

I just purchased a Korg Electribe 2 (Grey Model), updated the OS to the latest version 2.02. All went fine.

I then downloaded the Korg Electribe USB-MIDI Driver.

It shows ver. 1.15.1801.0 Year : 2015

My Windows 8.1 Pro system shows the driver in the Device Manager.

But when in Cubase Pro 9, the Korg Electribe 2 MIDI ports don't show up in the MIDI Devices Ports List in Cubase.

So, basically I can not select the Electribe 2 as a device. Which I would like to Sync. to Cubase via MIDI-Clock.

Any help, or feedback on how I could fix this ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

I've had a similar problem. I installed the latest USB driver and then I connected the E2 to my PC and the installation of the device started, even though I noticed something strange during the progress. The E2 was listed in the MIDI device list of the Korg driver but I couldn't find it available amongst MIDI devices in my DAW. I uninstalled the E2 and the USB driver too and did it again with an earlier version. Everything went fine. I can't say if the problem was the driver version or something going wrong during the first installation. The important is that now it works. So, try to uninstall and install again.
muziksculp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Electribe 2 USB Midi ports not showing up in Cubase Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:

I've had a similar problem. I installed the latest USB driver and then I connected the E2 to my PC and the installation of the device started, even though I noticed something strange during the progress. The E2 was listed in the MIDI device list of the Korg driver but I couldn't find it available amongst MIDI devices in my DAW. I uninstalled the E2 and the USB driver too and did it again with an earlier version. Everything went fine. I can't say if the problem was the driver version or something going wrong during the first installation. The important is that now it works. So, try to uninstall and install again.

Hi,

So you installed an earlier version of the USB-Driver and it worked ? Do you know what version the older version is ?

That's odd, but I will give it a try, I think they have a link for the older version of the driver.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
muziksculp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Electribe 2 USB Midi ports not showing up in Cubase Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:

Hi,

So you installed an earlier version of the USB-Driver and it worked ? Do you know what version the older version is ?

That's odd, but I will give it a try, I think they have a link for the older version of the driver.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
muziksculp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I finally fixed the Electribe 2 MIDI-Sync. Issue with Cubase.

The problem was oddly caused by having the USB-Driver Installed ! Once I uninstalled the Driver, and connected the Electribe 2 via USB cable to my PC, it appeared as a MIDI Device in Cubase, and sync'd nicely to Cubase MIDI-Clock.

*** Here is a helpful tip for Electribe 2 owners who might have not been able to sync. it to their DAW via USB :

Connect it via USB to your computer without installing any of the Korg USB Drivers. It will work right away, on the other hand, it won't work if you install the USB-Driver.

Oh boy ... I wasted a full day trying to solve this problem, but the important thing is that it is working great now, so ...it's time to move forward to learn, experiment, and have fun with my Electribe 2, which sounds great kfhkh

Cheers,
Muziksculp
muziksculp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I finally fixed the Electribe 2 MIDI-Sync. Issue with Cubase.

The problem was oddly caused by having the USB-Driver Installed ! Once I uninstalled the Driver, and connected the Electribe 2 via USB cable to my PC, it appeared as a MIDI Device in Cubase, and sync'd nicely to Cubase MIDI-Clock.

*** Here is a helpful tip for Electribe 2 owners who might have not been able to sync. it to their DAW via USB :

Connect it via USB to your computer without installing any of the Korg USB Drivers. It will work right away, on the other hand, it won't work if you install the USB-Driver.

Oh boy ... I wasted a full day trying to solve this problem, but the important thing is that it is working great now, so ...it's time to move forward to learn, experiment, and have fun with my Electribe 2, which sounds great kfhkh

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: