Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

es2 synched with yahama RM1x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zakary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: es2 synched with yahama RM1x Reply with quote

has anyone synched the es2 with the rm1x so you have two sequencers running simultaneously with independant sequence lengths.

so you have 16 + 16 tracks at the same time, mostly to overcome the 4 har limitation of the es2 and have a 16 + bar sequence on the rm1x but also to have two people jamming without interrupting each other.

thanks
alphaminus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: re: es2 synched with yamaha RM1X Reply with quote

I have both and do it pretty well. I love the Electribe sounds, so a lot of the time I just drive it using the sequencer from the Yamaha. Otherwise edit the Midi on either device to either only send or receive the timing. iif you just get the bpm and start stop from either, it's fine. Let me recommend using the ES2 as the master, in case you have the earlier buggy RM1X OS.
zakary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great!

i just to want them to run in parallel synched, each with individual sequences-lengths and sounds, not record sequence in one and play sounds from the other.

i've upgraded the rm1x os so it should't be a problem which is master, thanks for the tip.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: