Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any App for Android

View previous topic :: View next topic  
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Any App for Android Reply with quote

Is there any app which can control tracks' volume, cutoff, resonance etc in real-time?
The situation is during Style Recording.
While recording, for instance, I need to change the pan from left to right on one of the ACC track

My keys is connected to my android using USB 2.0 Type B
I have Android 6.0+ with OTG Support.
Daibang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. Try here. Smile
http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_kaossilator_for_android/
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iKaossilator app is stand alone application, is not available to connect to Korg Pa600 and control parameters.
Only Korg Kronos works with USB devices.
All Korg arrangers directly only via MIDI connection.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you guys understand what I actually need?
I need a controller(interface) for controlling the tracks volume or cutoff or whatever it is, I need to handle it using my phone or tablet.
An app that could do that just by connecting my Korg using OTG is what I need.
Can iKaossilator do that? Isn't that another music production app?
I haven't used iKaossilator, but from what I have seen, I think it is not what I need for this particular situation.
tacman7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have an app do all it wants to but if the hardware doesn't support tablet control then it's not going to happen.

The DAW I use (studio one) supports tablet control but a PC has a lot of functionality not built into an arranger keyboard.
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes tacman7!
I agree with you.
A PC with a DAW is powerful when compared to a tablet with an app.
But the thing is, I don't need a full-featured app like a DAW on a PC.
I just need a SCREEN(I don't know how to tell it simpler than that!) that can control what I have said in previous posts.

I have seen the possibility of what I need.
"midiArranger", for example, can do this in real-time.
Controls all those things for multiple tracks.
But that app does more than that.
I only need an app that only does what I need.

Let me make it more simpler for Korg users.
We are familiar with the sound editing screen!
It has Resonance, Cutoff, Release, Decay... where you change the values and the changes are made real-time.
I just need this screen(the functionality of that screen) on my Android so that at any time I could just change it and the changes made real-time no matter what screen or mode(weird!!!) I am on the Korg.

I believe there is a possibility for the existence of an app that accomplishes this task.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

=XiOXiS= wrote:

Let me make it more simpler for Korg users.
We are familiar with the sound editing screen!
It has Resonance, Cutoff, Release, Decay... where you change the values and the changes are made real-time.
I just need this screen(the functionality of that screen) on my Android so that at any time I could just change it and the changes made real-time no matter what screen or mode(weird!!!) I am on the Korg.

I believe there is a possibility for the existence of an app that accomplishes this task.

You can believe what you want, we know possibility of Korg Arrangers.
Korg Arrangers DO NOT support USB App.
If you PC user you may know USB (Universal Serial Bus) connection required Driver, which Korg Arrangers OS not support.
without driver Korg Pa won't recognize any App, USB (host, type A) is only for storage devices.

You may be disappointed, but is it what is it.
Wink
Performers Heaven
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should I be disappointed?
Truth is truth!
If it is not possibile until today, then it is just a dream that can be possible some day.
If it was made possible some day but was removed for the sake of advancement, then I would be really really disappointed.
Well! That's not the case here.

USB Type A?
I thought I was talking about USB Type B(Printer Cable)!
I do know Type A is for storage devices.
But I am talking about the Device Connection that support MIDI.
When it is connected using OTG, isn't my android phone/tablet supposed to support apps that needs MIDI connection?
Well If I have an app that uses MIDI connection, when I connect my Korg to my phone/tablet, it detects the connection and asks me whether to open the app or not! My connection is okay. Right? Then what I still don't understand is about the driver and stuff. For PC, drivers are need to be installed. For Android, I thought it is already supported from Marshmallow(6.0)!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you use usb type b still need a driver, but on connected device.
When you using daw pc must have a driver.
If your Android have a way to control midi messages then you can use adaptor to midi and connect directly to midi ports korg and control via control change messages (CC).
I know you can find few app contoling midi out, somewhere on forum I saw video someone use tablet to control pa3x.
Can't remember who and when was but if you find you can ask him how is done.
He was controling patch on tablet by sts, but I'm sure can works both ways.
Performers Heaven
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iIhavent used my pa600 for a long time , however IIRC it did work with OTG adapter.
you wont find a dedicated app for pa600 though. So you'd need to use some control surface app that lets you build your own control interface.

Am currently using an iPad pro for setup (mainly for sheer horsepower) and apps like midi designer. There are a few similar android apps that you can look up perhaps.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nemik, amit, tacman7, & Daibang for your valuable responses.
Well, I think I should wait for some day where my needs becomes one's idea for a new app.

Whenever I surf Korg's website, I really get sad because I have an Android!
Why does Korg makes apps for iOS and not for Android?
When looked at iKaossilator for Android, found that it was made by Korg Inc. But when I tried to lookup other apps by Korg Inc., no other apps were found.
Normally, in these days, when apps are made, they are made for most dominant Operating Systems.
Apps are available for all platforms, so more people, no matter the platform they are using, they can utilize it.
Why Korg is sticking on to iOS?
There are so many for iOS, even a DAW for Mac but not so many for Android or Windows!
Why?
Am I missing something?
Could someone tell me the reason?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: