Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 - tipps and tricks for playing the beast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krakapow

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great post m8
mihata

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the newly added FAQ section on the Electribe product page:

- Notes are sometimes missing during playback

When the electribe or electribe sampler reach the limit of their processing capability, a currently-playing note is sometimes turned off. In such situations, you can increase the maximum polyphony by lightening the load of each part. Some ways to lighten the load are listed below.

- Set the part parameter VOICE ASSIGN to Mono1/Mono2 for parts that play single notes.
- Set the pattern parameter ALTERNATE 13-14 and ALTERNATE 15-16 to the On setting.
- Don't use the following Insert FX which have a high processing load.
06 Ring Modulator, 18 Delay 1/4, 19 Delay 3/16, 20 Delay 1/8, 21 Delay 1/16, 22 Roller 1/32, 23 One Delay, 24 Short Delay, 25 Ring Delay1, 26 Ring Delay2, 27 Chorus, 28 Flanger LFO, 29 Flanger +, 30 Flanger -
- On parts that do not use Insert FX, set the IFX Type to 01 Punch.
- On parts that do not use Filter, set Filter Type to the Off setting.

In addition, for parts where the disappearing note is noticeable, you can set the part parameter PART PRIORITY to High. This will not increase the maximum polyphony, but notes of that part will be less likely to be turned off.
Mokushi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:

- Set the pattern parameter ALTERNATE 13-14 and ALTERNATE 15-16 to the On setting.

I swear, I still do not completely understand what those do, I know they are for the right lower 4 trigger pads, but they just seem to switch them off completely... I don;t get it, please help
Sulfur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mokushi wrote:
mihata wrote:

I swear, I still do not completely understand what those do, I know they are for the right lower 4 trigger pads, but they just seem to switch them off completely... I don;t get it, please help

Indeed they are two choke groups. When ALTERNATE is activated, part 14 and part 16 sounds choke any sound from part 13 and part 15 respectively. That means that if both parts sequences from the same couple should play at the same beat, you will only hear the even one (unfortunately this happens even if the second part is muted). But it also affects the tail of the sound of the odd part when the even one starts playing. For example, if you've got a very long release sound on part 13, part 14 should choke it. Try it.

Last edited by Sulfur on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Mokushi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks, your explanation was the best so far! Definitely going to experiment just to see where it leads Very Happy
mihata

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe you figured that already for yourselves but when you make a pattern chain from pattern 1 to pattern 2, set chain repeat to a desired value and then chain pattern 2 back to pattern 1, this way you can overcome the 4 bars limitation and introduce variation in between 1 to 64 pattern repeats. Drawback is that you still need to manually switch to pattern 3 to get out of this loop but that's how it works
Mokushi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
So maybe you figured that already for yourselves but when you make a pattern chain from pattern 1 to pattern 2, set chain repeat to a desired value and then chain pattern 2 back to pattern 1, this way you can overcome the 4 bars limitation and introduce variation in between 1 to 64 pattern repeats. Drawback is that you still need to manually switch to pattern 3 to get out of this loop but that's how it works

This is also new to me, is this in an updated firmware? Where do I find the pattern chain functionality? Is it only for the Electribe 2 or for the E2S too?
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:

- On parts that do not use Insert FX, set the IFX Type to 01 Punch.

Why not just turn the IFX off for that part?
h.vel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because (and this is 1 of the big problems of voice stealing) even muted FX are eating CPU power - there is no chance to disable them.

That's a big minus (together with muted tracks) in terms of the ergonomic behavior. The E2(S) could be much more powerful if this would get fixed by Korg!
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h.vel wrote:
Because (and this is 1 of the big problems of voice stealing) even muted FX are eating CPU power - there is no chance to disable them.

That's a big minus (together with muted tracks) in terms of the ergonomic behavior. The E2(S) could be much more powerful if this would get fixed by Korg!

I knew that the muted tracks still ate power but the IFX does too, even when turned off? What about the MFX if it is deactivated on a track? That's still eating power? If so then there is no benefit to turning them off and you may as well have them all on.
Xyntec

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new chain feature but I guess it still lacks an option to chain parts, right? E.g. I have two bass lines on pad 9 and 10 that slowly raise up. Right now I have to switch them manually after one part has finished.
mightlife

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Zabong69 & other contributors.
I'm still familiarising myself with the E2s, but perhaps I'll have something to add here at some point.

Cheers!
russellclarke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Haas effect using groove template Reply with quote

Use the Laidback groove template for Haas effect stereo widening.

For example:

Set part 1 Osc to M1 Piano
    Record a sequence to part 1
    Copy part 1 to part 2
    Pan part 1 left, pan part 2 right
    Set part 2 groove template to Laidback
    Increase part 2 groove depth to about 12 - 20

If you hear a distinct echo, reduce the groove depth until you hear one wide sound. Edit the patch slightly differently on each part to increase the effect. I like it better with parts panned around halfway out so they interact in the centre.
Weazley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really clever
nice advanced tip Russel, thanks
Idea
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Haas effect using groove template Reply with quote

russellclarke wrote:
Use the Laidback groove template for Haas effect stereo widening.

For example:

Set part 1 Osc to M1 Piano
    Record a sequence to part 1
    Copy part 1 to part 2
    Pan part 1 left, pan part 2 right
    Set part 2 groove template to Laidback
    Increase part 2 groove depth to about 12 - 20

If you hear a distinct echo, reduce the groove depth until you hear one wide sound. Edit the patch slightly differently on each part to increase the effect. I like it better with parts panned around halfway out so they interact in the centre.

This also good for hats, I often love have pitch modulation on one and level modulation in the other. Then resample separately and modulate the start point till it touch the rev state, really nice glitchy rhythm. Also if you automate precisely attack and decay it get alive. I also like to play with the send, with a reverb or mod delay you find many territory and you can sample and have crazy sound!

Sometimes I feel people don't use sampler, I mean they use to manipulate a bit sample but they don't change much, I love sampler because if you spend time with it you achieve unique sounds and really there are not rule.... don't forget the RESAMPLE feature!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: