Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After 42 years, I've stopped smoking!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: After 42 years, I've stopped smoking! Reply with quote

After a health scare 6 months ago, I stopped smoking (that's 42 years of gunk in my system).

Ok, I'll admit that I'm now a vaper, but my GP (Doc) is more than happy with this as my blood pressure and heart rate are now normal - I've just got back from the Dentist/Hygienist and my teeth/gums have never been in better shape, my breath no longer stinks like an ashtray and neither do my clothes.

But above all, I've saved £150/month - a total of £900 since I stopped!

I'm off to my local music store for a treat Wink
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, mate. You've done yourself and those around you a big favour.
wawrzyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I am a smoker too and still I am not able to quit. I am not ready I guess.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
Now tell us more about the visit to the music store!
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next step is ridding yourself of the vapor. They can be costly as well. That way you can save even more money for gear. Very Happy

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
christinarlafever

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: After 42 years, I've stopped smoking! Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
After a health scare 6 months ago, I stopped smoking (that's 42 years of gunk in my system).

Ok, I'll admit that I'm now a vaper, but my GP (Doc) is more than happy with this as my blood pressure, and heart rate are now normal - I've just got back from the Dentist/Hygienist, and my teeth/gums have never been in better shape, my breath no longer stinks like an ashtray, and neither do my clothes.

But above all, I've saved £150/month - a total of £900 since I stopped!

I'm off to my local music store for a treat Wink

I appriciate you for this because you're continued it 42 years but now you completely come out of that smoke, I wish you for your better health and go to some new places and breathe fresh air, I'm really happy for you
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Broadwave, well done. It's not easy!
I gave up after years. I use to smoke herbal too, but it was the nicotine that really kept hold. I even had relapses after months without ,only to have to give it up all over again.
The key to me (as well as hypnotherapy videos by Paul McKenna) was to cold turkey like a hard drug.Treat myself as a patient for at least the first week. I even went to bed lots to avoid the cravings.
Then after two weeks - in the clear. Then just work on replacing those deeply engraved habits with another way of thinking & doing. But its those first few days/weeks thats the mission.
It's doable.
ramgopalvarma219

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Broadware .... You did a great job there and its not as easy as it thinks... Anyways have a healthy and happy life ahead
admissioninfo123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I am a smoker too and still I am not able to quit.
PES Institute of Technology admission
RV College of Engineering admission
PES School of Engineering Bangalore
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admissioninfo123 wrote:
Congratulations! I am a smoker too and still I am not able to quit.

You never will until you really want to. I smoked for 30+ years and went cold turkey because it was time to quit, and my brain accepted that. That was 11 years ago.

The reason I state you won't is because in those 11 years, I still really, really crave a cigarette every single day. Quitting is easy; staying quit is what requires the willpower. Cigarettes are more addictive than heroin: they attack more Pleasure Centers in the brain, so the brain wants them more, and tells you to get them. It's overcoming that urge that keeps one from smoking.

Decide, REALLY decide when you want to quit. Then you will. Until then, smoke, because it won't happen until then.

Remember, Mark Twain said it best: “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”

..Joe
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawrzyn wrote:
Congratulations! I am a smoker too and still I am not able to quit. I am not ready I guess.
+

I quit after 12 years - the ONLY thing that worked was switching to E-Cigs. It's similar to switching cigarette brands - took a little adjustment but what the e-Cigs allowed me to was to CONTROL the nicotine dosage. When I was finally ready to quit (2 years later), it was more manageable (and a little cheaper too).

I also found a lot of reinforcement by the effects of being cigarette free (food tasting better, easier breathing, etc.) and also the money that I saved by quitting.

I'm not saying that this is the best way, but it worked for me.
BryceMi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That awesome Broadwave. Glad your health improved almost immediately. Thanks for sharing, it may encourage others to do the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: