Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X3 noise!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Burn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Korg X3 noise! Reply with quote

Hello to all
New to the forum and not sure if im posting this in the right place - its the only section with an x in it!

Problem - Just bought a korg X3. There is terrible noise on the right hand channel

The left is working perfect

The right channel - you can hear the tone as you play the keys but it is drownded out by this noise. The noise also sustains for ever.

The main board was recapped in the area of the stereo sound outputs. The components in this area are all in sets of 2.

I have replaced these capacitors with panasonic caps that I have tested for accurate values. Made no difference.

I have eliminated the possibility of the problem being on the audio board ( I hooked up the audio out from the main board to an amp)

I have removed all the connectors from the main board for lcd, switches, pitch bend etc etc, problem is still there

I tried a system exclusive bulk dump of the factory presets - still the same.

Am pretty sure the problem is on the main board. Have gone over the board , both sides , with a magnafying glass - cant see any problem

Looking carefully at the board and the via's it appears that someone tried to reflow the board in an oven as the solder seems to have sunk on most of the via's

Has anyone ever seen anything similar or any ideas what to try next

Have that sinking the problem is within one of the big chips

thanks in advance for any advice folks

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: