Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sync a Volca to an Roland MC 303

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PieBaron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Sync a Volca to an Roland MC 303 Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm thinking about getting a Roland MC 303.
This looks like it should be simple since volca has a standard midi in socket.
But I just wanted to double check.
supermel74

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. They will sync no problem.
Damocles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PieBaron,

The MC-303 is an underated machine. I recent rediscovered mine ( bought in 1997 I think ) and think it is really good. It's a bit quirky so to make the most of it get the manual as there are loads of layers to play with.

http://www.synthmanuals.com/manuals/roland/mc-303/owners_manual/

I don't use it as a techno machine anymore, the 01 bank and strings are very warm especially with loads of reverb.

Also, I would advice to replace the coin battery (CR2032) inside before you save any patterns/song as the unit is old - it's very easy to get inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibg8gjySyFg

I hope you enjoy it and midi works fine for syncing.

Best wishes
MrJed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damocles wrote:
Hi PieBaron,

The MC-303 is an underated machine. I recent rediscovered mine ( bought in 1997 I think ) and think it is really good. It's a bit quirky so to make the most of it get the manual as there are loads of layers to play with.

http://www.synthmanuals.com/manuals/roland/mc-303/owners_manual/

I don't use it as a techno machine anymore, the 01 bank and strings are very warm especially with loads of reverb.

Also, I would advice to replace the coin battery (CR2032) inside before you save any patterns/song as the unit is old - it's very easy to get inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibg8gjySyFg

I hope you enjoy it and midi works fine for syncing.

Best wishes

I have one of these and got it out after about 10 years - nothing seems to be saved, and I could not save anything.

Would you suggest this is down the the battery? I got it when it first came out and the battery has never been changed.

Might give it another shot if so Smile
PieBaron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I was going to buy one but I realised I can't afford anything right now. I was considering selling my volca sample though..
hoddiec

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieBaron wrote:
Thanks everyone, I was going to buy one but I realised I can't afford anything right now. I was considering selling my volca sample though..

Made an account just to ask you for an update lol. What did you end up deciding and was it worth it? I am literally in the exact same predicament as you at the moment (volca sample vs MC-303).
PieBaron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoddiec wrote:
PieBaron wrote:

Made an account just to ask you for an update lol. What did you end up deciding and was it worth it? I am literally in the exact same predicament as you at the moment (volca sample vs MC-303).

I ended up moving to Montreal and never bought it, curious to see how much I could get it for around here though. It sounds like it would be a bit of an investment in time if not anything else, to learn to use it properly, but I think it would be worth it.
jbro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had an MC 303 for about 8 years now. I did a fair amount of production on it the first few years until I got an MC 505. I've also owned the volca sample for the past couple years. In my opinion, I like the MC for it's practicality, and I can bang something out pretty quick that sounds good because the onboard sounds and arpeggiator are really useful. I used it mostly as songwriting/composition tool. I found that the sample was really fun to play with, and made very cool loops, but doing any kind of real production on it felt a little strained. I really love both boxes though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: