Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Volca Keys Resonance Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
headhunter242

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Korg Volca Keys Resonance Issue Reply with quote

Just got a new Volca Keys and for the price it's not too shabby.

However, I don't know if the Keys always did this or it just started but when i'm playing a single lower C note in Poly Mode at 32' the Saw sounds almost clipped? Boomy, muddy, etc. When I add about 98% resonance it sounds buzzy again... is is always like that? Is it me?

Any help would be appreciated. If it's a faulty Keys I would like to return it ASAP.
headhunter242

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turned the Keys on today and it's back to normal! Imagine that. BUT it does sound like some subtle phasing is going on. Almost like the duty cycle of the saw is modulated a tiny amount by a sine wave. Maybe it's natural, maybe not. It was doing that before it went into clippy mode yesterday so I expect it to get boomy once again. I give up although it's comforting to know that I'm not completely crazy. It's a good thing I didn't buy this thing for bass sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: