Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe SX1 tube adjust problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundaudiorepair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Electribe SX1 tube adjust problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to do the tube bias adjustment on an ESX1. I have the stereo-to-mono mixing cable setup using alligator clips and 1/2w resistors. When I run the diagnostic program, the number it displays changes about once a second. it almost never drops below 0010, and when it does it is only for a second. Changing the pot changes the range of of numbers it jumps between but nothing is ever steady.

What is going on?

Sam
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta respect your dedication, I've only ever "eyeballed" (read: didn't care too much about) the calibration. I pretty much glazed over when you started talking about alligator clips; I don't even know the procedure! Sorry I can't provide any insight, but hopefully you figure this out. Maybe it's normal to have some variance...?
soundaudiorepair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've just been rehabbing this machine and want to get it back to factory spec. It got beat up in shipping and I had to replace a bunch of the front panel controls, and track down a capacitor with a broken leg. Now there's this issue and it makes me think there's something else internal going on that I haven't found yet.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: