Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to combine two midi files in Korg PA 900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnyrj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Is it possible to combine two midi files in Korg PA 900 Reply with quote

Hi

Is it possible to combine two midi files in Korg PA 900. Or to insert a midi file to particular measure in another song. I have checked song edit and know the options of cut and insert, copy, move etc. All these are done on the same file...

My purpose is to record different session in different takes and join it. I know it can be done in a DAW. Is it possible to do it in the keyboard itself ?
bnyrj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody ?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. You can copy/paste from Styles, but not from midi files.

bnyrj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply...

I think that's an important feature required in a sequencer. If that is possible it makes things more easy. We can record midi in different takes and arrange in the order we want.
bnyrj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any possibility for the existing hardware can achieve it with a future os update

Experts please comment.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnyrj wrote:
Any possibility for the existing hardware can achieve it with a future os update

Experts please comment.

Don't think so.
Midi player is only extra additional feature for arranger, not many people want to use to split/merge midi files.
Is plenty free software to do this, is pointless to use resources to get this included in Professional Arrangers Keyboard.
Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
bnyrj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please name some free softwares that can do it neatly....

It would be nice if we can arrange it in the keyboard itself rather doing it in a computer... There are many situations you are not with a laptop while you play keyboard in a band...

I think its a nice and possible option to have....
bnyrj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nemik

I can see that you use many DAW

Out of these which DAW is having an easier and straight forward approach to arranger keyboards.... For style creation editing and midi song arrangement.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnyrj wrote:
@Nemik

I can see that you use many DAW

Out of these which DAW is having an easier and straight forward approach to arranger keyboards.... For style creation editing and midi song arrangement.

Fl studio is very friendly to use with midi but free version won't let you open saved project.
Not sure if export tools works either.
For styles fl studio is ok, but not perfect.... is not saving markers and all is in midi1 ....for style has to be midi0.
Check my tutorial how to get started point with style on FL.

https://performersheaven.com/en/resources-en/how-to/making-korg-pa-arranger-style-on-fl-studio
Performers Heaven
bnyrj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am an FL Studio user. I have its license. And you know that once you own it you will get all the updates free..

I have gone thru your tutoriaL but didn't get time to try it... I was hesitant to try it as i think FL is not the right candidate for it....

Many recommend cubase as it can save midi with marker.... And it got a works flow with support or matches the layout suitable for style editing

Can you tell how to use ins files in fl studio so that weca trigger the right tones in Korg thru fl studio

By the way you didn't tell me the free softwares you mentioned in your post...
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL Studio is not best DAW to work directly with Korg.
Best one is Ableton Live, there you completly take over Korg including fire fills, change variations, change STS, change Sounds parameters, even change chord progression.
I am using Ableton with Launchpad as multi control surface to change anything I want on Korg and UltraNova same time.
FL Studio I'm using only to simple stuff and only as free stand not connected to rest of my midi network. Wink
Performers Heaven
bnyrj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to see a photo of your setup...

So we can conclude that there is no free straight forward method to edit midi songs for Korg

You have to buy expensive software to get it done straight...

So it is good to have an option in the keyboard itself to edit midi songs
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo won't help you much, but I can explain how can be done.... you need to be more specific, is to many possibilities.
Ableton Live is a little different like other is more like live tool, it can be useful in realtime.
For editing standrd midi files not recommended, not support markers.
I'm not performing live, music is just my hobby, not going crazy about making style just for arranger.
Of course I have no problem, i can make pretty much anything what I want to.... just don't need it.
My work is a combination styles and pads with prerecorded sequences on DAW.
My Korg is mainly as a main clock base machine which control rest.
Also I am using Motu Midi express xt to connect, filter and mapping midi channels for all my devices.
Lately I am super busy at work (not music) and I have to put on stand by all music stuff, but some day I will post all my knowledge on website.
As now I will ask whatever people need it, but have to be specific questions.
Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: