Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X50 stucked on presentation screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlyvalente

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: X50 stucked on presentation screen Reply with quote

Hi:
I'm a electronic technician and have this keyboard for reparing.
Well, the task was simple: change the volume potentiometer (replaced with a round normal one) and the DC jack. But when I pluged to the DC power supply it shows the "starting system" message, then the "KORG syntethizer" banner and stops there.
I updated the firmware via USB, checked all the flat wires, conectors, internal power supplie voltages (+3,3v and +5v) but nothing changes.
The problem is the customer brought it to me and I tested it with him , everything was ok but the potentiometer and the DC jack . Now ďm in a big problem because there is no way to tell him the keyboard isn't working at all.
Any suggestion?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible data has become corrupted. Was the replacement of the DC jack done because the jack was bad? An intermittent power connection during a write operation is likely to cause problems. Try holding down the "Enter" and "0" buttons and then turning on the power with those buttons still held down. This should do a factory reset. Make sure the power connection is sound before attempting this, and let the operation run fully to completion. The "Enter" and "0" buttons can be released once the initialisation has got under way, but don't press any other buttons or keys until it has finished.

carlyvalente

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
The jack connector was bad, but the keyboard was working. It only connect-disconnect power each time I touched the plug. Now the jack is new and no more problems with supplie.
I already tried the reset with enter and 0 buttons , it shows a message " writing whatever " (Im at home, cant remember ) and then it returns to the "korg music blah blah" screen.
Im very concerned about this, imagine, I cant afford to buy a new keyboard (very expensive) to the customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: