Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What new drive would we like to be added in Kronos ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a VST host as is, is a kinda bit of stretch of imagination (from a Hardware standpoint) for it to happen.
by vst here I mean as in vst from anywhere/anyone,

However, if If it's the general plugin architecture you speak of, then yes that is something I agree would be great. like ability to purchase plugin synths from korg or third parties that develop to korg specs etc.

Having worked with VST development for some period earlier in life, I can honestly say that just allowing any VST, in a performance device like a H/W workstation is just asking for trouble/nightmares for both Korg and its users.

Do a Open labs Neko case study for an example.
' or
like I also said above, if anything, it needs to be Korg Spec, like say Kronos Units KU / Kronos Elements KE,. etc). Take receptor as an example here (still a failure though).

I'd rather that Korg come up with an expandable architecture for it's synth/fx engines, where more engines/units could be built/ added/removed.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above all I hope that the next big Korg workstation (or whatever it will) will accept total compatibility with the fiels from Kronos generation.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
Above all I hope that the next big Korg workstation (or whatever it will) will accept total compatibility with the fiels from Kronos generation.

There is some history to support that with Oasys.

But not the case with the Triton series.

I am ok with ' partial compatibility ' . One of the strengths of Korg is their genius sound programming. And this involves new sound engines. And new sound engines are not typically compatible with the old.

And I don't know the disruptive effect with 64 bit OS vs 32 bit. Thats not the only criteria , of course.

Bottom line, I want to enjoy Korgs greatest strengths in a keyboard.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

For me, I would like some little improvements in the current system :

- the possibility to mix two drives HD-1 and Exi in one single program. (for now we must choose either HD-1 or Exi in one program)

- The extension of Audio Input sources in AL-1 (from the four drives wich allow an audio input source, AL-1 is the only Exi drive wich doesn't allow a MFX1 audio input for example. STR-1, MS-20EX and MOD-7 do allow that).

- I would like a screen zooming option.

- Just for fun : a better graphic look for the MOD-7 patch panel.

- etc..

Then, as a real new feature, I would like a Granular Synthesis Drive
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting DVD drive. If you need to restore it? You gotta have it. Or at least for $3000 keyboard a cheap $25 usb drive could have been included. Vocoder quick 1 button access with keyboard mic
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:
Oh oK I see.

But it's not the point here. What you suggest is increasing the power. All in all it'd be a "Super HD-1". Why not, it'd be great. But it would be still the same kind of synthesis.

You asked a question and I answered honestly. I really do not care about other kinds of synthesis being added to the KRONOS.

Regards
Sharp

Oh, yes, of couse, no problem at all. It's very intersting to know your opinion. I suppose you've been using the Kronos for years thus you reached its limits.
I owned it for only 2 months, so it's a discovery time ! Perhaps I would answer as you did in one year or two.

Having said that, my opinion is that the harware as it is, could carry another exi engine without any problem.

But you're wright : A real harware upgrade involve a new motherboard, processor, memory, and so on.....so a new worstation !!

Best
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it exists in the Legacy Collection, I would like the Korg Mono/Poly Exi engine to be added in the Kronos.

What about you ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: