Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Fills and Guitar mode converted" Any idea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gkthomas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: "Fills and Guitar mode converted" Any idea Reply with quote

I am trying to edit a style on my Korg PA600. I copied the original to a User slot first and went to edit mode. Then I get message "Fills and Guitar mode converted". Then if I hear the style, the original sound is messed up.
Why is this happening ? any ideas?

Thanks
George
Daibang

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. You say that when you are in record ---> edit style and when you play style it's sound is bad right?
Check which sounds style uses.By this I mean exit from record press volume and track controls.Some styles are using other sounds than Original Style Sounds (right upper corner in volume).Style Edit function uses Original Style Sounds but when u play style may use other sounds. When u go to volume and you press track controls you should see that Original Style Sound button.
I guess it's turned off and this can be reason of bad sound while editing style.
I hope I helped you somehow Smile
gkthomas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Fills and Guitar mode converted- any idea Reply with quote

When trying to edit and existing style, As soon as I go to the edit mode, I get the message [color=darkred]Fills and Guitar mode converted.[/color] I noticed then the mapping of the sound to each track is changed to something else after this message is seen. that is why I get bad sound in when play/record in edit mode. This is not happening to all existing styles, only happening to few styles. For those styles I dont get this message, the mapping is fine and sound is fine.
The message is coming for some factory styles and some user style(Indian) I bought from official korg website for $250.
gkthomas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fills and Guitar mode converted- any idea Reply with quote

[quote="gkthomas"]When trying to edit and existing style, As soon as I go to the edit mode, I get the message

"Fills and Guitar mode converted"

I noticed that the mapping of the sound to each track is changed to something else after this message is seen. that is why I get bad sound in when play/record in edit mode. This is not happening to all existing styles, only happening to few styles. For those styles I dont get this message, the mapping is fine and sound is fine.
The message is coming for some factory styles and some user style(Indian) I bought from official korg website for $250.[/quote]
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

message: "Fills and Guitar mode converted" means Style you try to edit is created on older model Korg, which has only 2 fills and Guitar Mode 1. (Pa300/Pa600 has 4 Fills and Guitar Mode 2)
Also is mapping sounds.
Korg pa600/Pa300 has build in audio compressor, which is missing in older models. (Style may sounds different)
BTW....
I don't wanna speak for Style creator, but nobody will support sold Styles if User edited them on own, is common sense.
Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
midimusa

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: "Fills and Guitar mode converted" Reply with quote

I have seen this message when i try edit some styles that are maded (converted) with Styleworks. With styles from older models (even i series) I have not seen that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: