Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trinity rack drum parameters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drago76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: trinity rack drum parameters Reply with quote

Hi, how do I enter the drum parameters in the trinity rack?

In the manual they talk about that but they don't show how to do it.

Thanks
drago76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what the manual says:

Drumkit parameters

A "drumkit" assigns a different drum sample (PCM waveform data for a percussive sound) to each key, and allows you to adjust the pitch and level etc. of each one.

Programs wich use a drumkit are referred to as "drum oscillators programs" and programs wich use a multisample (PCM waveform) are referred to either as "single oscillator programs" or "double oscillators programs".

Drums oscillators programs have different parameters than programs wich use multisamples.

When editing a drumkit, you must first set the Oscillator Mode of the program to Drum Oscillator, and then edit the drumkit. For drum oscillator programs, the category will be Drums/Perc.
drago76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I select in the program section the first drumkit and I click "edit" , the parameters that shows up are the multisamples one's not the drum oscillators one's.

So the question is:

How do I set the Oscillator Mode of the program to Drum Oscillator mode so I can enter the drum oscillators parameters?
drago76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon guys, it seems really absurd that in the official Korg trinity forum nobody can answer to a basic question like this!
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the Trinity was discontinued in 1998, nearly 20 years ago, it would stand to reason that this section is quieter than the Kronos section, for example.

I don't have a TR-Rack, just a Trinity, but if the architecture is similar the Oscillator mode can be found on what is called the Program Edit (Page 1) screen. If you have something similar, from this page you can select between Single, Double or Drum oscillator modes.

Drum kits are actually edited from the Global (Page 5) menu on my Trinity. It's there that you will hopefully be able to edit all the instances of drum samples, and basic attributes like pitch, levels and so forth, per key.

Or you could use Trinitro to edit your TR-Rack from your PC.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18508
drago76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind answer, unfortunately as I was saying before in the edit menu there's only the multisamples parameters not the drumkit parameters, maybe there's some combinations of button to press that let you enter in that page.
It seems strange that it is not possible, how can someone edit the drum sound without the chance to access to those parameters.
I also don't understand why they talk about that in the manual and they don't explain how to access to it..!?

Is there anybody else that knows something about this..?

Thanks
djru5h

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drago76... do you have trinitro or SoundDiver installed on your computer?? I use both of those applications when editing my prg, cmb, or drums. It makes working with the tr-rack waaaaay easier. If you dont have them let me know and i'll forward you a copy.. i know the struggle with the TR-Rack all too well..
drago76

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi djru5h, thanks for the answer! No I don't have Trinitro or SounDiver in my computer. I've heard about Trinitro but I think is only for Pc so I can't use it cause I'm using 10.6.8 or 10.7.5 or 10.10.5 on the Mac. Never heard about SounDiver.

I'll be grateful for the help!
djru5h

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww man that sucks.... the versions i have are for pc only... look around online for sound diver..it was developed by emagic and later bought out by apple then discontinued about 13 years ago.. even if you have to buy it from ebay it'll be worth it.. IT JUST WORKS
drago76

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think is possible to run SounDiver in the Mac with one of those applications that lets you run Windows programs in the Mac like Wine for example?

I would like to try, so if it works that would be good to know for someone else that in the future watch this topic.
djru5h

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what?? that just might work! im not a mac user so i dont know for sure but there's only one way to find out... you can get sounddiver here:

http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/BMt1karf/file.html
djru5h

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also.. i ended up get a midisport 4x4 usb interface a few years ago when i got my tr-rack specifically to edit it.. I was informed at the time that the TR-Rack is very temperamental when it comes to communicating to computers or heavy midi editing and i must admit he was right. i was advised to get a midisport since they are solid units strictly for midi.. found one on ebay for $14.. being that my midi interface is over 10 years old im not sure what is out there now as far as what midi equipment would communicate seamlessly with the TR-Rack the way the midisport does... just wanted to throw that out there for you so you don't end up chasing the proverbial tail....
drago76

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm.. that's not a bad idea at all man..! If I find problems I'll do it too and connect the Trinity to an old laptop with windows that I have, just for this purpose.

Thumbs up!
djru5h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drago76 wrote:
mmm.. that's not a bad idea at all man..! If I find problems I'll do it too and connect the Trinity to an old laptop with windows that I have, just for this purpose.

Thumbs up!

midiquest also has robust and deep editing of tr-rck parameters.. thats the bulky application in my opinion but it lets you use the tr-rack as a vst instrument in your daw if you set it up right.. get it here for mac:

http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/MKtZ0VAh/file.html
drago76

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..didn't know about that either, thanks! I appreciate your help, really kind!

So to conclude the post I do have a final question for all the Trinity users out there:

It is possible to enter to drum parameters in the Trinity rack without an external editor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: