Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyros1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

Hello I know this comes up often in forums regarding the flat screen on the kronos, if korg reads these forums could you please put a tilt screen on the kronos , it is the single thing stopping me from buying one and sticking with my m3, now the LS version is being released which was the second reason I would not buy one, full weighted keys, it just needs the screen to be complete, the pa4x has a fantastic looking case and tilt screen, expense is often quoted as the reason they do not do it, but it would be worth paying more for or build it with no screen but a mount for an ipad that could control all functions, the kronos is due for a major facelift, please put a tilt screen on it.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

cyros1 wrote:
Hello I know this comes up often in forums regarding the flat screen on the kronos, if korg reads these forums could you please put a tilt screen on the kronos , it is the single thing stopping me from buying one and sticking with my m3, now the LS version is being released which was the second reason I would not buy one, full weighted keys, it just needs the screen to be complete, the pa4x has a fantastic looking case and tilt screen, expense is often quoted as the reason they do not do it, but it would be worth paying more for or build it with no screen but a mount for an ipad that could control all functions, the kronos is due for a major facelift, please put a tilt screen on it.

you are right, the flat LCD on the Kronos was ergonomically and functionally a mistake, IMO. I think almost every owner remarks about the poor view angle.
and many want a VGA port on the Kronos, which would involve some customization of the mobo. ( I think)

I figure to add a tilt mechanism (to the LCD) and VGA port would have added a few hundred $ in cost to the Kronos. To leave it off, or keep it on the drawing board was determined + 6 years ago. So don't hold your breath on anything magical to reverse whats a done deal.

You have some possible options. Piano man Chuck did a utube where he inserted some rubber door stops to prop up the rear of his Kronos. I posted that a week or 2 back here. Other folks use some lumber on their desk. These home grown solutions make the LCD view more tolerable. Not perfect, but tolerable.

and everyone wants their iPad to mirror display Kronos to mirror their Kronos or replace the LCD. I don't believe that will happen. Apple has an IOS update, what, every 2 months ? Imagine being a co and having a staff to keep up with Apple. Being a realist, I don't see it happening.

The Kronos price is reasonable even with its user type flaws. I think Korg has made a conscious effort to keep it that way, as we have seen with the launch of Kronos iterations ( color, light keyboard, etc).

If you like the Kronos, as almost everyone here does, you figure out other options for your preferences.

There is absolutely no promise that Korg will have a Kronos 3. I think most are watching January NAMM 2018 for any news.

To wait a year for something that may not happen,or not be a good fit, well, thats a personal choice.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Former owner of the Oasys,one of the things that bugged me was the tiltable screen especially in a live situation,Given the size of the Oasys it was always the lower tiered synth due to its weight and bulk,which meant the screen was best viewed when it was flat in a standing situation,much like the Kronos,and because of the placement of the Oasys screen and because of its depth when it was the lower tier synth often also meant the screen was partially obscured with a second tier synth above it.

if the screen was angled when it was on the bottom tier it was unpractical for seeing what was going on,when your stood up without bending or crouching down all the time unless I had it on the keyboard top tier,which made the stand very unstable.

The Kronos isn't as deep dimension wise as the Oasys so even as lower tier synth the screen is fully viewable with a synth above it

I have since swapped the Oasys for a Kronos 2-61 and prefer the non movable Screen,I find the Kronos screen perfectly viewable at almost any scenario,I suppose it doesn't suit everyone,but even with a smaller screen size I much prefer the Kronos and its resolution,I find it totally viewable both standing or sitting playing,and when its on the top tier I can angle the keyboard from the tier so can angle the unit to tilt the screen if I prefer to have it so.

I've used various Triton's Live for many years before I got the Oasys and never felt the need for a tillable screen,the Oasys screen was useful in some situations but I felt it more of a hinderance than a help and always in fear of the hinges failing as it had no support bracket to anchor it,so sometimes a tap of the touchscreen could move it.

To each his own though,but I think there's a reason why Korg decided on a fixed screen for the Kronos,I certainly don't miss having a tillable option on the Kronos,having used one in the past on the Oasys.
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the KRONOS screen without any real visual problems, although i did angle KRONOS a little by tilting back of KRONOS up.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaceman3 wrote:
I can see the KRONOS screen without any real visual problems, although i did angle KRONOS a little by tilting back of KRONOS up.

You must be young or inherited good reading type vision from your parents.

The SEQ screens have a small font size
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
spaceman3 wrote:

You must be young or inherited good reading type vision from your parents.

The SEQ screens have a small font size

Actually, i am in my 50's and i wear glasses.
My bifocals are really good i guess. Laughing
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

cyros1 wrote:

That's what I am expecting to happen in order to buy a Kronos, a motorized tilt screen plus more sound engines like Wind Instrument Physical Modelling one!!
johnxyz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and dramatically improve the quality/feel of the physical controls. No wobbly sliders or cheap feel data wheels.
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally,I am fine without a tilt-able display and honestly...I do not want to pay extra for one,since the Kronos is already a huge investment.As I see it,the Kronos is a budget version of the Oasys and as such,I don't expect features such as tilt,10" screens.

However...the M3 and the M50 were mid and entry level keyboards and yet,they had angled screens.
I had both boards and sold them both for other reasons...but I do miss the angled displays.
That said,it would have been ideal,if the same angled design was implemented into the Kronos and it would not have cost extra,so I don't understand the logic in the Kronos's display configuration.

Well...the new Kronos LS is $200 cheaper than the previous Kronos...so I don't really have an major issues with buying one.
Jer76

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Korg can bring back the OASYS with upgraded internals, i'll sell everything and buy that!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M50 screen surface is parallel to the top panel. It doesn't have an angled screen, as such. OK, it is further from the horizontal than the Kronos, but not by that much.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jer76 wrote:
If Korg can bring back the OASYS with upgraded internals, i'll sell everything and buy that!

Oasys was controversial in some ways. I could not touch that price tag.
I was broke, anyway, back then.

It really blazed a trail, IMO.

Us Kronos owners should be very thankful to the Oasys community. I appreciate/respect them as I think we should understand history.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

Cyros and Greg, check out the Kronos Remote app, which lets you use an iPad for many Kronos functions. It addressed my own issues with the screen angle.
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Cyros and Greg, check out the Kronos Remote app, which lets you use an iPad for many Kronos functions. It addressed my own issues with the screen angle.

$39.99 that is expensive, I will stick to the rubber door stops Embarassed
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

I don't believe it works in SEQ mode

Have to have that or no go
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: