Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect Microphone, guitar and keybord with Electribe 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tengis

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Connect Microphone, guitar and keybord with Electribe 2 Reply with quote

Hey gyus! Help me please! I'm thinking about order "BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC204HD".
I hope, Smile that i can connect microphone, guitar and keybord thru this audio interface with elektribe 2 and be able to record and use filters and fx. Because of U-Phoria is recording device and electribe have audio in and much more connect capabilities, is this possible? Rolling Eyes

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UMC204HD-BEHRINGER-U-PHORIA/dp/B00QHURLCW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493857510&sr=8-1&keywords=behringer+204

Last edited by Tengis on Thu May 04, 2017 12:27 am; edited 3 times in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UMC204HD only has two inputs, which would rather restrict the possible signal routing and mixing options. Not sure what you want to do with the system. The two inputs on the UMC204HD would allow the stereo L & R outputs of the E2 to be passed via USB to a PC / Mac for recording or manipulation by software. To record guitar or mic would require the E2 to be disconnected, and the guitar and/or mic connected and input levels adjusted before recording. Alternatively, the E2 has a single stereo audio input to which a guitar or microphone could be connected, and the audio passed through the E2. The audio input specification is completely lacking in any of Korg's website or manuals, so I'm guessing a preamplifier would also be required to amplify a microphone or guitar output before it's input through the E2. The keyboard MIDI out could be connected to the E2 MIDI in to play the E2 sounds, and/or the E2 MIDI out connected to the keyboard MIDI in allowing the E2 to trigger keyboard sounds but the keyboard's audio output couldn't be recorded simultaneously, unless it was connected to the E2 audio in, in which case mic and/or guitar would have to be recorded separately.

The UMC404HD has four audio inputs at only slightly increased cost, and would allow the E2 stereo output, guitar and microphone to be connected simultaneously and recorded as four separate tracks. The keyboard audio out could be connected to the E2 audio input, and thence pass to the E2 audio out, allowing the sounds from all four sources to find their way to a recording track at the same time.

Tengis

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man Very Happy thank you for response, it helps a lot.
I'll try to use this scheme on the live performance, which would allow me to work without computer.
So i thought, that i can connect microphone and guitar through audio interface to "audio in" on EL2, and at the same time hook up the midi keybord via "midi in" on EL2, am i right? Surprised And if i need to work at home, the last thing i need to do is connect EL2 via USB to computer and turn on Abelton?
It's such important questions for me, because for now i have only guitar and computer Smile so i need to know, will this scheme work for 100% before i order this products. Wink
Dragan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While some audio interfaces will work as mixers and/or line signal providers there is a simpler way to achieve what you want as voip already suggested: you need a simple preamp, like Behringer MIC100 that you can plug a guitar or mic in and the output signal will be for good recording or sending through Electribe.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like what is needed is an audio mixer that can work standalone but also has the facility to operate as a USB audio interface.

Nowhere in the UMC404HD user manual or product information is standalone operation mentioned. However, zero latency monitoring is one of its features, so it is likely, though not certain, that the internal audio chain will work without a computer connection. There is one comment on a Youtube video suggesting it does work as a mixer when not connected to a computer, using only the mains power supply, provided the "Mix" control is set to "in" i.e. low latency.

The Focusrite Scarlett equivalents do work standalone, but are quite a bit more expensive.

Dragan

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a mixer with a preamp, mostly they have it.

Later I'll check and report to you about UMC404HD stand alone operation since I have it somewhere the closet. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: