Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modulate effects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jensen

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Modulate effects Reply with quote

Hi there
Is there a way to modulate the digital effects on the radias? (reverb, delay, wah, and so forth). One way of course is to turn the effect-knobs while playing. But for example: I would like to have velocity modulate the wah-effect. Any tips?

Best regards
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The V. PATCH (virtual patch) part of the control panel is used to set up modulation sources and destinations. Up to six patches can be set up. First choose the timbre to be affected, then repeatedly press the "Select" button to cycle through the patches. Next, repeatedly press the "Source" button to cycle through the sources. Velocity is available as a source. Repeatedly press the "Destination" button to cycle through the destinations e.g. an LFO to modulate the wah frequency. Set the "Intensity" knob to determine how much effect the source has on the destination parameter. Then go to e.g. the Stereo Wah effect (press "Edit" then bottom row button #13 ["EQ/FX"] and use cursor buttons and knob to navigate) and in Mod Src, select the LFO as a source.

OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My apologies if I'm wrong...
But I don't think it is possible to use velocity to control the modulation of the digital effects.
It would be nice that it could be done via virtual patches as Voip describes it, but I think it does not work that way.

The LFO in the stereo wah effect is a separate LFO, dedicated to the effect itself, totally unrelated to the 2 LFO's in the synth section of a program. The virtual patches can only act on those 2 LFO's, not the one in the effects section.

Have fun.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velocity is available a modulation source and can be routed to the effects, though not, as Op Amp says, to the Wah effect LFO itself.

However, to get some idea of what may be possible, have a play with factory preset Program C12, "HipHopWahGtr" and go to Timbre 1 and select V Patch, Patch 6. The modulation source is already set to Velocity. Set the modulation Intensity knob to, say 40, and play some notes on the keyboard whilst changing the destination to e.g. Filt1Reso, Patch2Int, Filt1Type, Osc1Ctrl2, Portamnto.

OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Voip,

I see it now as well in the Radias manual. The Stereo Filter, Stereo Wah and Rotary Speaker effects can be set up to use velocity amongst others to control the digital effects. Nevertheless, I'm still confused somehow that you relate the virtual patches to the control of the effects...

Bye
Jensen

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
Thanks a lot for the responses! I'll check out the patch you mentioned, Voip. However, like OpAmp, i am aware of the virtual patches and how to operate them, but i can't see the relation between them and the digital effects, since these use their own, internal LFO's - not LFO 1 or 2.

Based on your responses, and as OpAmp eluded to, i did out how to make the wah-effect be modulated by velocity. To those who, like me, didn't know this: Within the FX-page, choose Ctrl as your mod source, choose velocity as control source and then you can play around with intensity, response and all that.

Thanks again guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: