Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[TROUBLESHOOTING] Korg KP2 Synth Input Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcoDamian

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: [TROUBLESHOOTING] Korg KP2 Synth Input Issues Reply with quote

Hello fellas, I'm new to this forum and gonna catch the chance to quickly introduce myself.
My name is Marco, I produce mostly techno with an harmonic soul. I'm a big fan of Korg and enjoy collecting new as older instruments manufactured by Korg.
I got my hands on a KP2 and I'm planning to use it as an fx unit for my synths and record some tracks with it. When I went to plug a mono synth in the line in I noticed that the volume of the recorded samples (1 & 2) was at least 60% lower than the recorded volume. There is no clipping or peaking while recording. In addition some synth effects (range 64 to 70) from the KP2 are also barely audible when the synth is plugged in. At this point I tried to hook up the synth through the mic in and surprisingly everything worked smoothly.
To be more clear:
-I'm using a 1/4 stereo jack to rca for the Monologue to connect in the line in (I'm getting a mono 1/4 to rca today to see if the problem persist with a mono cable)
-Are there any drawbacks frequencies wise in using the mic in for a synth?
-Could it be an hardware issue?
-Am I missing anything here? 🤔

Thanks in advance for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: