Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harsh amp drive levels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgn766

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Harsh amp drive levels Reply with quote

Hello,

I've searched the forum and found a bit of information regarding this issue but I'm in need of a bit more information/recommendations. Thus far it seems many individuals have experienced issues with the amp model on their sv-1.

I played on my 88 key sv-1 for 4 years and for that entire time the amp model section was great- I didn't have issues with the amp drive setting as many people did and I could set many amps to a 6 or 7 without them sounding too harsh.

After growing tired of lugging around an 88 key, I decided I wanted to downgrade to the 73 key version. After selling my 88 key I found a used model on guitar center and broke even on the price. Now my new 73 key version seems to have the amp issues everyone is talking about. I can only set most of the amps to a 1 or 2, and anything beyond that sounds horrible. The amp settings were a big part of my sound with the 88 so it's a real shame I now have a model that seems to be defective.

I plan on messing with the editor but has anyone had any relief in fixing this issue? I've read there is a way to adjust the tube load or "trim" if I open up the board itself. Perhaps the trim is a bit off and needs to be adjusted? Has anyone had any success in doing this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: