Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3 power through cigarette lighter DC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oivivio

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: KP3 power through cigarette lighter DC Reply with quote

Hello!

New to the forum here. Just picked up a used KP3 for a good price. Wondering if I could use this on the go and power the KP3 through a cigarette lighter like in my car. The AC adapter says output of 12v 700mA DC so I believe the AC adapter is converting the AC to a 12v DC? I am no electrician, but was hoping I could get some feedback from the forum to see if this is indeed possible.

Thank you!
-B
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I never tried it. You need indeed 12V DC for the KP3, which is what is available on the lighter. Important to check is the maximal current your lighter can deliver and the polarity of the connector.

Besides that, I would be very careful to power it via the lighter. How stable is the 12V output? There might be danger for short high voltage spikes, which could possibly damage the KP3. Personally, I would not do it. Unless someone here on the forum confirms that it is fine...

Have fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: