Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue flipping out when USB connected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lomas

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Minilogue flipping out when USB connected Reply with quote

Hi,

I've had my Minilogue for about 6 months and everything has been working fine.
Today there seems to be a problem that I can't solve.

As soon as I plug in the USB cable, to be able to control the midi and record back into Logic Pro X, the Minilogue totally flips out. It starts playing weird random sounds and notes, freezes notes etc (kind of hard to explain.) If I change track in LPX it also seems to trigger a weird sound/note from the Minilogue. Doesn't matter if I ad it with the External Instrument plugin via Software instrument or directly as External Instrument.

I am pretty sure that before this started I could chose Minilogue Sound in the list when adding the track, but not there's only Minilogue Midi available.

I can't find this problem anywhere online so I'm hoping someone here can help Smile

Thanks in advance,
Great forum BTW!

/Lomas
the auracle

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried a different USB cable?
Lomas

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the auracle wrote:
have you tried a different USB cable?

Yes, same thing.
Lomas

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works when I go through the midi connections via a midi-USB interface, but then it's slower than when it worked with the USB cable.
GrahamMacca

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Minilogue flipping out when USB connecteRE - Reply with quote

Hi Lomas,
i don't know if you've got any further with this nut I've been encountering a similar problem on my iMac with Logic Pro X too. I'm not getting all the same weird stuff as you, but I have got the same problem of not being able to see the Minilogue SOUND port anymore with my external Instrument plugin. I think this started happening about a week or so ago.

It may have happened after I updated my firmware on the Minilogue, but that might be just a coincidence. It also all works perfectly normally on my Macbook Pro, and I've actually got an exact (or very similar) copy of the same LPX project file on both machines, and it woks fine on the MBP but not in the iMac.

So it may in fact be more of a Logic thing than a Monologue thing and it might be the case that the Logic installation needs to have its preferences wiped.

If I find out any more I'll let you know as soon as I do.

all the best

Graham
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: