Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help on saving style settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: need help on saving style settings Reply with quote

I'm new with the PA900, and have found a particular style in Contemporary , pop rock hit, tempo to 106, variation 1; I like the upper,lower and split all lit up. I've picked an upper 1 and a lower sound. I'm trying to copy it to a style fav/user, and name it "addicted to love". I must be missing something , cant get it to write the settings. How can I save this ? Thought I had the steps down. Appreciate any assistance here. Thank you.

Joe Corriveau
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should I be saving/ writing into song or songbook mode ?????
Daibang

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to copy style you have to go to the style menu
Choose your style that u want to copy and press that button in right upper corner.There should be something like"Copy and paste" then select the place where you want to save the style.Later press that button again and press Rename.
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: need help on saving style settings Reply with quote

thank you Daibang. I copy the style and tempo to a favorite user style spot, then I change upper 1 and lower to different sounds that I want to save. I then save as "write current style settings". I turn machine off then on again, highlight the renamed style favorite, turn style on to play, it goes right back to the standard u1,2,3,4 sounds, piano basically. My changes didn't take.

Daibang, what am I missing. I still need to watch all videos and read manual, but in a hurry to gig.
Thanks again.

Joe Corriveau
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, you need to go to style settings and unlock styles first. Try that.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: need help on saving style settings Reply with quote

Nitecrawler, thank you,

BUT new U1 and Lower sounds are STILL NOT being saved. I went to Global > Mode Preferences > Media page “Factory Style and Pad Protect” option and unchecked , still not saving U1 and lower changes

ARGH , I hope I can get this , please advise. Appreciate.

Joe Corriveau[/b]
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: need help on saving style settings Reply with quote

Joe Corriveau wrote:
.. BUT new U1 and Lower sounds are STILL NOT being saved ..

If you found a particular style and picked sounds you like for Upper and Lower to be written as new style "addicted to love" simply save your style into a User-Style memory location.

As there is no copy function to copy styles so use "record current style" - do this without to change your style and use "write Style" to an Userstyle-memory renamed to "addicted to love" and leave styleedit (it is not necessarily to unprotect factory styles, because usermemory is written),

Now select your userstyle "addicted to love" in styleplay mode, pick up again your upper1 and lower sounds you found and like and use "write kbd set to style", where you can choose a keyboard set location (1 - 4) and where you can create a name for this location.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Siebenhirter.

I will try this. Let you know how it worked out. Appreciate this.

Joe Corriveau
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: need help on saving style settings Reply with quote

Hello Siebenhirter from Austria, still doesn't save sounds, maybe I'm not understanding---here's what I've done....

"If you found a particular style and picked sounds you like for Upper and Lower to be written as new style "addicted to love" simply save your style into a User-Style memory location. "
I've copied and pasted a style into a favorite user spot, didn't see "save", only copy and paste.

"As there is no copy function to copy styles so use "record current style" - do this without to change your style and use "write Style" to an Userstyle-memory renamed to "addicted to love" and leave style edit (it is not necessarily to unprotect factory styles, because usermemory is written), "
I press the red record button and choose "record/edit current style", press "OK"... then press "write style", then exit record/edit.

"Now select your userstyle "addicted to love" in styleplay mode, pick up again your upper1 and lower sounds you found and like and use "write kbd set to style", where you can choose a keyboard set location (1 - 4) and where you can create a name for this location."
I then go back to my favorite user spot, select, edit U1 and Lower tracks to what I want , press "write current style settings" and save. I didn't see write kbd set to style", maybe machine has changed a bit.

Aghh, doesn't save . Hate to be a pain
Thank you
Joe Corriveau
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe ... I believe the "write kbd set to style" is new language for the Pa4X ...
When you change the voices in let's say STS1, do you then go to the drop down menu in the upper right and press "WRITE SINGLE TOUCH SETTING' ? ... this will save the voices as you have set them in that STS ...
After you get your STS settings saved, you might also want to save them in Songbook under the title 'Addicted to Love' ...
Hope this helps
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony mads Thanks for your reply . I reached out to Nemik, he set me straight on the STS change, just made it work. Except variation 1 doesn't save, goes to var 2. I'll save in Songbook too. Thanks to all who have replied, big help Joe Corriveau
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: need help on saving style settings Reply with quote

Joe Corriveau wrote:
.. select, edit U1 and Lower tracks to what I want , press "write current style settings" and save. I didn't see write kbd set to style", maybe machine has changed a bit ...

No, machine had not changed - I am sorry about my mistake i made with "write current style settings", because that is a term of Pa4x.

Correct term of Pa900 to describe how to save Keyboard track settings is "Write Single Touch Setting" item from the page menu, to write Keyboard track settings to one of the for STS belonging to the current style.

But other workflow seems to be ok with:
- using a style choosing "record/edit current style" to be written with "write style" as new style to an user-location
- selecting that new style of user-location, changing upper1 and lower sounds and saving that keyboard trackings with "write single touch setting" to a STS of that new style

PS: in case your original style (factory style) should be overwritten with other keyboard trackings, you need only the second step. That is because status of (changed) keyboard tracks also each time can be saved to a STS of a factory style (in case factory styles are unprotected as described).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Mon May 15, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter

thanks for your response here, all good. I'll copy Nemik's reply for reference. It worked . He doesn't mention the "record" option though.

[quote]1. copy style to user or favorite bank.
2 open copied one ( in User) and change sound.
3 From page menu choose Write Single Touch Setting, then set where, which STS.
You need to do before you change STS, if not will come back to previous setting.
You can repeat this for all 4 STS, including all other Sound parameters, like volume send FX etc.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Corriveau wrote:
tony mads Thanks for your reply . I reached out to Nemik, he set me straight on the STS change, just made it work. Except variation 1 doesn't save, goes to var 2. I'll save in Songbook too. Thanks to all who have replied, big help Joe Corriveau

Joe, When you press "WRITE SINGLE TOUCH SETTING", you should see a prompt allowing you to rename the STS and asking what STS number you want the setting written to ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: