Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about virtual patch and mod wheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Question about virtual patch and mod wheel Reply with quote

I just picked up an MS2000R and I LOVE IT!
There is one thing I am trying to figure out.... On some programs, the mod wheel is assigned to filter cutoff. OK, check the virtual patch and yes, MIDI2 is assigned to Cutoff. Now MIDI2 in global is set to mod wheel - fine.

But even if I change the assignment for the virtual patch - even if I change all 4 of them to something other than MIDI2, I cannot get the mod wheel to go to default LFO2 amount.

I know it's an old synth, but any ideas? I know I can initialize the program and that works, but how do you make the mod wheel work as LFO2 amount after it's been used/patched in a virtual patch?
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer is here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=686793
Gtrlotry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: I do not much want you to help me a little bit. Reply with quote

I do not much want you to help me a little bit.
jareddroid

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron-
I think what you are looking for is in the synth editor, a little knob all the way at the bottom, second knob from the left, labeled "VIBRATO INT." Try setting this to 0 cents (12 o'clock = zero) if you do NOT want the mod wheel to adjust the vibrato. (If you are still experiencing unwanted vibrato, look at the virtual patches. There is probably an LFO controlling Pitch. Set the "INT" knob to the right of it to zero (zero = 12 o'clock!).

If you are having trouble getting the modwheel to adjust the cutoff, there are a few things to look for in the virtual patch section...
1) Is there already an LFO or some other source already controlling the Filter1 cutoff? (or Filter 1 EG Int?) If so, you may want to start out with this INT knob turned to zero (again, 12 o'clock!)
2) Is the modwheel already controlling other functions? This might be awesome, but maybe start out with these other functions zeroed out as well.
3) Now set one of the sources to modwheel, and the corresponding destination to Filter1 cutoff. Don't forget to turn up the knob to the right! (INT) [You may need to set another one to Filter 2 cutoff, depending what is going on with your other oscilator and filter.]
4) Now that you have that going, try setting another virtual patch to modwheel - Filter 1 EG Int. Now play around with the amount you may want this affected just a little, but the cutoff affected significantly. Or vice versa!

Happy editing!

-JD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: