Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EA 1 Required or retired?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Headphones73

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit, I have a love/hate relationship with this Electribe. I just ordered my 4th EA-1 since my EMX is in the pawn shop, my Er-1 mk2 was lonely, because I could pay for it on credit, and because it's like a old girlfriend you sometimes can't get along with, but I keep coming back to. And for $80 bucks + shipping, of course I want it back!

I love it for the Audio in feature, the cheapest TB303 clone patches, drones, and for its simplicity as 2 mono sequencers in one. The delay sounds can get crazy on it as well.

Hate it when I get bored of the patterns & sounds, and it's probably why I sold it 3 times before. I have a feeling I found some ways to cure the boredom on its internal sounds. I picked up a Line6 M5 FX pedal from Sweetwater, and I can use that to give me more flexibility with its pitch shifter, ring mod, compressor, chorus, phase/flange, distortion, etc.

Now the day I can get my EMX home is where the real fun can begin. If I can get the 5 internal synths, plus the 2 of the Ea-1, and also use the Er-1 mk2 all together, then I'll be quite the happy hamster! If I have to compromise and lose some patches from the EMX to slave the EA-1, at least I can get 8 measures to use with it!

I've owned all the Electribes beside the new ones & ESX. I miss the EM-1 even, but I will want to get that at some point from eBay. My EA-1 should arrive after I get home from work, and my ER-1 mk2 won't be so lonely now.
sl23

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I kept my old electribe's, the EA~1 is a very limited, but easy to use weird synth! I come up with some great weirdness with it.

The ER~1 is also a fantastic little beast. Though I do miss them, I had the foresight to sample them to death. I sampled the EA~1's raw waves and also with sync, distortion etc. So I have a great library of sounds from both units.

The EMX-1 is also a monster. I love it. Though it's a different beast altogether, you can get some great sounds from it, very industrial IMHO.

But if you have the originals, keep them, they'll be worth money one day!
Headphones73

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're worth money now! Especially the MK2 of the originals. No, they're never going to be worth the insane amounts of cash the Roland classics are worth, but I'm sure those that know the sounds you can get from the early Electribes will surely want them in their studio. I think that's one reason I've had so much fun with the Electribe series. I own all 6 Volcas, but you get so much more from a Electribe. But I plan to see how I can include them along with the originals. I'm going to pick up some crap Gemini dj mixer for $25 (A Gemini PD25 I think?) and that ought to bring it all together!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: