Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling Christer Janson (Visual AL-1/Polysix editor dev)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Calling Christer Janson (Visual AL-1/Polysix editor dev) Reply with quote

Dude.

Like... Dude.

I just found this the other day and I guess it's been around for a while but I've been killing my neck programming in the AL-1 engine for hours and hours a day... This app is PHENOMINAL.

I would love love LOVE to see you develop it further. If you were able to do something for the HD-1 (and yes eventually everything else too) I will happily throw money at you.

Your design is so simple, sleek and logical - everything simply makes sense and it just works.

I can't thank you enough for your development on this, and I sincerely hope it continues because... Wow.

I've recorded a video about it here:
https://youtu.be/W4gAr12gZVw

I'm promoting this all over the place, I really hope you continue working on it.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Nice.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to try it. Perhaps it will make my understanding of AL-1 easier.
tomto66

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Can't wait to play with this over the weekend!
tand

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theageman have recompiled it this weekend: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73139&start=135

Indeed a wonderful job that deserved to be continued. Even if it was paid
Chrutil

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I am blushing - Thanks for the kind words and that most excellent video Enigmahack!!
I haven't fired up the editor in years, but perhaps I should get back at it if there is interest.
I originally wrote it because I guess I'm a visual/tactile person and couldn't quite grasp the AL-1 engine's complexity through the 'keyhole navigation' style gui on the K itself - then it turned out pretty neat and I thought others might benefit so there it is.
I'm really glad people find it useful, I learned so much from the masters on this forum so it's nice to give something back.

Interesting point about the global page, I never really thought about adding that, but I think that should be possible to add in some way. I will fire it up in the near future and see what it would take.

Like the global page, please let me know if there are things missing from the editor, or if something doesn't work.

Cheers,
Chrutil (Christer)
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
tand

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chrutil. Have you think about built an IPAD version? That will be a great add-on for Kronos and I'm sure many would pay for that, included me.

Anyway, really thanks for all your efforts and creation for windows.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tand wrote:
Hi Chrutil. Have you think about built an IPAD version? That will be a great add-on for Kronos and I'm sure many would pay for that, included me.
Anyway, really thanks for all your efforts and creation for windows.

Thank you Tand!
Yeah I agree, an ipad version would be very cool.
I don't have any immediate plans for it however, but it keeps coming up so maybe one day...

C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Sweat

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is an awesome application. As we know, when programming AL-1 or any synth, the ability to view many parameters at once is a major advantage. As mentioned, perhaps its best feature is the ability to use a computer screen's larger real estate.

Although I primarily use Mac, iPad, and Win64-bit for music, I had no problem keeping a separate 32-bit WinXP machine around specifically for using Chrutil's Kronos editor application. Also purchasing an extra large monitor just for this has made the editing experience worthwhile. Of course, there are a couple of things that could be developed further, but I cannot be more grateful for the efforts in this software. Thank you!
theageman

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although I primarily use Mac, iPad, and Win64-bit for music, I had no problem keeping a separate 32-bit WinXP machine around specifically for using Chrutil's Kronos editor application.

The application runs perfectly on my Windows 7 64 bit-machine. No need to use Windows XP.
Win64 runs 32-bit processes in a sandbox.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theageman wrote:
Quote:
Although I primarily use Mac, iPad, and Win64-bit for music, I had no problem keeping a separate 32-bit WinXP machine around specifically for using Chrutil's Kronos editor application.

The application runs perfectly on my Windows 7 64 bit-machine. No need to use Windows XP.
Win64 runs 32-bit processes in a sandbox.

Yeah, I'm running it perfectly on Win 10 x64 as well. No problems here either.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't use XP, it's become quite unsafe.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Please don't use XP, it's become quite unsafe.

Agreed.
Like multiple people have said, the AL-1 editor should work fine on most modern PCs including an up to date Win10 anniversary edition system, which is the latest I have tried it on.
If not, just let me know and it'll be fixed.

On another note I just started looking at adding support for the HD1 engine. There are significant internal differences between HD1 and the other EXi engines so it'll take a while.

Thanks,
Christer
BlackForest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of an old thread...however, none of the websites can be reached to download the AL1 editor from chrutil?

Does anyone have it on a cloud drive and could share it here?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wonder why Korg did not develop such a GUI for the AL1 inside the kronos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: