Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to assign foot controller in combination mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalmick

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: How to assign foot controller in combination mode Reply with quote

I'm fairly new to this big beast so forgive me if I sound stupid but, I'm looking for a way to assign my foot controller in combination mode but it doesn't seem to exist. I was expecting to find the option under the controllers tab but no.. only switch 1 & 2 which makes no sense to me. I have it assigned to CC#4 in global but how do I dictate what CC#4 applies to in a Combination?
KronosCray

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you trying to control with CC#4?

Find that parameter, and assign the AMS to CC#4.

For example, if you wanted to control the wetness of an effect in IFX tab, Click source, then choose "foot pedal CC#4".

The parameter may only be accessible in the program itself, not the combination. You can either edit the program, save it in the same spot/elsewhere, then "copy from program" in the combination drop down menu. OR choose "edit program" in the combination drop down menu.
metalmick

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like it to control the overall volume of this particular combination. I'm using it in a program as #4 to control wah wah on a Rhodes patch.
Mersip

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way I have found to do this is through an IFX.

I do this if I am wanting to control the volume of one or more timbres within a Combi. Insert a Stereo Limiter in an IFX slot, and link the final IFX outputs of the timbres whose volumes you want to control to the Limiter.

If you want the sound to reduce as you push the pedal down, set the following parameters:
Gain (-inf)
Wet / Dry = Dry
Source = #4 Foot Pedal
Amount = 100

If you want the sound to reduce as you pull the pedal up, set the following parameters:
Gain (-inf)
Wet / Dry = Wet
Source = #4 Foot Pedal
Amount = -100

Using these two options for different timbres also allows you to fade one sound out and another sound in during playing.

If you are wanting to control the overall volume of the Combi, just link all of the timbres' IFX outputs to this one Limiter. I presume you could also do this by putting the Stereo Limiter in an MFX slot as all the IFX's go through this. The settings should be the same.

Question for others: I find that using these settings, most of the sound is controlled in the first half of the pedal's travel. It almost seems logarithmic. Is there a way to spread the increase or decrease more evenly across the pedal's travel?

Kronos2 73 and TR-76
Theramin
PreSonus StudioLive AR16 mixer
metalmick

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've set up the new stereo limiter but cant see where or how I route all the other IFX outputs to it?
metalmick

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to do it by putting a limiter in one of the TFX slots. At first I set the foot pedal cc# in the output box at the bottom and set it to 100 like you said but it didn't work. I then set that back to off and set the cc# in the same box as the Gain setting and set the output setting in the same box to 64 and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
I would still like to know how to route individual outputs from other IFX's though so I can pick and choose what to control. Smile
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first page of the IFX is the routing page. Under each timber slot you will see them likely set to L/R. Tap the drop down there and you will see all the other options for routing. Individual outputs, specific IFX units etc.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: