Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS20c patch cables not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markireland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: MS20c patch cables not working Reply with quote

My legacy software and the MS20c controller are working except for the patch cables. I plug and unplug the cables and the software does not reflect the change.

I am on windows 7 64bit
monomo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: MS20c patch cables not working Reply with quote

This is only the MS20, as I know of no other patch cables for any of the korg legacy synths that use patch cables.

Here's the thing with that.
Not all sounds will be influenced by your patching of cables, due to how it's patched, and what you are using with the knobs.

Load an MS20 PRESET. Not your own patch please.
Now if you start taking out the patch cords/cables one by one, you will notice a change in tone for at least some of them.

It's important to note that not all cable patching is going to influence the sound.

markireland wrote:
My legacy software and the MS20c controller are working except for the patch cables. I plug and unplug the cables and the software does not reflect the change.

I am on windows 7 64bit

markireland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: I plug and unplug the cables and the software does not refle Reply with quote

I did not make myself clear.

When I plug or unplug a patch cable on the MS20c controller I expect the software screen to show this change. It certainly used to.

But now the software screen does not reflect this change.

I am not talking about what you hear, only what you see.
slug

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont say, but i presume that the keyboard and knobs are still sending MIDI to the Legacy MS20 app?
markireland

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
You dont say, but i presume that the keyboard and knobs are still sending MIDI to the Legacy MS20 app?

Yes. It is only the virtual cables that are not working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: