Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 Sampler high pitched noise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h.vel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here since the first day (I tested 2 other ones, same). Concerning the petition: in common bugs should have high priority and will be mentioned in the petition anyway (so no voting in the poll necessary). First bug fixing, then new features.

Cade, do you agree?
Scoridd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard this too. I built a DIY Tubescreamer FX pedal and, because of the parts I had available at the time, I used a stereo mini-jack for the input. So, it wss easiest to use the headphone output on the E2 (not E2S), as input to the Tubescreamer - I kind of liked that anyway because I was using the Tubescreamer as a send effect then routing it's output to my mixer, where I'd combine the wet and dry signals.

When you whack the gain up on the Tubescreamer, that high pitched whine is very apparent. So, this is also an issue with the E2 headphone output. I would need to check it again to confirm but I don't think I get the high pitched whining noise if I use the main outputs.

Don't know wether that helps in anyway but if you have just been using the headphone outputs, it may be that the high pitched whining is only a result of the ouput and not the input? Alternatively, I think the E2S uses a stereo mini-jack in doesn't it? If so, perhaps it suffers the same issues as the E2's headphone outputs.
calnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll give it a try. At this point I'm ready to write this machine off. Between the whine and the USB noise it's not serving much purpose for me other than to lay ideas down.
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested my ES2 and it has the high pitched whine when sampling too. I haven't been sampling much directly into the ES2 so I didn't notice until I saw this post and tested it out. I will say that I did have to really look for it and make sure the sample's going full volume but it's there. I guess I'll opt for loading samples in for playback when I can. It's not like sampling and editing on it is very fun anyway.

my serial # is 469. I'm curious if later serial #'s don't have this issue.

The ES2 is becoming more and more just a drum machine and external gear sequencer. Still good on that front and worth it, imo. But damn they didn't have let this stuff slip by.
calnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is #3098. I opened an issue with Korg and they told be to bring it in for service which I know wont be of much use. Shame the only viable alternative is 4x the price (Octatrack) but that's what I am looking at now.
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calnyc wrote:
Mine is #3098. I opened an issue with Korg and they told be to bring it in for service which I know wont be of much use. Shame the only viable alternative is 4x the price (Octatrack) but that's what I am looking at now.

Okay so it's gotta be an issue with all ES2s then and not just a few batches. I'm interested to see if Korg can fix it. Keep us posted!
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, now that I'm tuned into searching for high frequency noise, I have noticed that the ES2 is constantly putting out a very high pitched tone all the time.
prokat99

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I swear, every time I get close to purchasing this thing I find out something horrible about it.

A high-pitched noise would drive me crazy. I own a nord electro 4 that does this when the usb cable is used and I damn near sent it back for that reason alone.

So this is confirmed and is present at all time? no fixes?
If that's true, Korg really s**t the bed on this one. The big question is WHY?? The Electribes have always had a strong following....why cheapen it and degrade it? People would have spent a least 1 or 2 hundred more dollars for a solid unit with out batting an eye.

Shame and Lame Korg, shame and lame.
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotch tape on one of the usb pins will stop usb ground noise.
tsutek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have changed my es2 from internal playback to handling MIDI sequencing duties only for now. The es2 is actually a pretty decent sequencer, with scales, grooves etc - So there's that at least. I haven't figured how to send program change messages though, anyone know how-to?

One upside with this is also that I can run the es2 with the volca 5 way USB power cable, which is a really noisy power source otherwise. Hoping the ripcord will be better shielded / less noisy!

It's a shame though, noisy outputs seem to be a bit to common with lower-tier Korg products lately..
calnyc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prokat99 wrote:

So this is confirmed and is present at all time? no fixes?

It happens when Audio In is engaged, including sampling. Some people can't here it but if 13k is in your hearing range you can't unhear it.
colonel5.2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: power supply Reply with quote

has anyone changed the power supply and would this affect the noise
colonel5.2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: power supply Reply with quote

colonel5.2 wrote:
has anyone changed the power supply and would this affect the noise

I read somewhere that someone got a korg power supply that had a separate block and was bigger and this had less noise.
Disastrous

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To revisit this:

The whine in mine was driving me nuts last night, and I noticed it seemed to be recording within a sample as well so was annoyed about that.

Anyway, I ran some tests tonight (both hater and under AC power) and in Mike at any rate, the whine is ONLY on the headphone output.

No problem at all when connected to my monitors and I exported a sample recorded into the electribe, then imported it into Ableton and it was clean as a whistle.

I can live with it if it's just headphone noise but figured that may destress anyone bothered by it a bit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: